• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Nuke the oil leak ???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh yea !!! That will work!......maybe:unsure:

We already can't eat a lot of seafood because of the Mercury, so lets just make it glow green and radiate our bodys too ,by firing off a nuke .

The additional benifit is this may help stop Cancer growth as this may replace Chemo as a treatment .

mak2

Russians have done it. Think I menitoned it on here or another forum about the second day of the leak. If it works?

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Russians have done it. Think I menitoned it on here or another forum about the second day of the leak. If it works?

If I'm not mistaken , that was on land(and gas wells ) ,not 5000 feet below sea level . I also believe that it was somewhat less than 100% successful .
If it fails ?

mak2

If I'm not mistaken , that was on land(and gas wells ) ,not 5000 feet below sea level . I also believe that it was somewhat less than 100% successful .
If it fails ?

That would indeed be bad, but what they are doing right now aint working either. I did not say I was all for it, I just meant I had read about it before.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You would run the risk of breaking open the dome over the crude deposit and releasing a large enough amount to foul the whole gulf and most of the atlantic as well.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Anybody ever thought that maybe this plays in the favor of the anti's that want NO drilling near our shores ? Maybe the current goverment is dragging its feet on purpose . :unsure:

Ok ... maybe I am just paranoid ....

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
The one method they are working on is the 2 other drilling going on. The problem it will take time but will cut off the flow of the current one but again months before it is completed. At those depths you aren't sending down divers to fix it that is for sure. It is about 3000 lbs per sq in of pressure at that depth. There are probably only a dozen or so subs than can even approach that depth from what I've heard.

Al, I wonder about that myself, however then I think what does the government really know about deep water drilling.

mak2

Anybody ever thought that maybe this plays in the favor of the anti's that want NO drilling near our shores ? Maybe the current goverment is dragging its feet on purpose . :unsure:

Ok ... maybe I am just paranoid ....

I dont think BP gives a big hoot what Obama says, BP cares about the money.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I dont think BP gives a big hoot what Obama says, BP cares about the money.
Thats why they are trying to recover it instead of plugging it :whistling: . Makes me wonder where all the 1000,s of pounds of trash & golfballs and crap They SAID they pumped in it to stop it . :wink:

mak2

Damn Cowboy, your smarter than hell. I just changed my mind. I bet the reason BP hasnt capped it some way, is because they wanna use the well for something. Maybe they really arent trying to drill another well but finding some way to use this one, or maybe another well will be more effienct with a vent hole, one thing Rush is right about, it is always the money.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Last night for the first time to have opportunity to watch TV and see some of what is going on made me sick. My daughter the animal lover broke down in tears to see the animals that they are trying to clean up. Only then to release in another area of the country where oil is expected to come in the next two weeks. We will see the effects of this for years to come. Probably even after my lifetime.

Ok rant off now back on topic. "it was just a commercial break by me"

loboloco

Actually makes sense. Politically impossible though. Several scenarios have been advanced to use nuclear demolitions, this is only one.

loboloco

Oh yea !!! That will work!......maybe:unsure:

We already can't eat a lot of seafood because of the Mercury, so lets just make it glow green and radiate our bodys too ,by firing off a nuke .

The additional benifit is this may help stop Cancer growth as this may replace Chemo as a treatment .
If you're really worried about radiation, take a good look at what comes out the end of a coal plant stack. That shit is dirtier with radioactive s than anything except Chernobyl.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I was against this at first. Because I felt it would only make it worse. But given that the oil is 5 MILES BELOW THE BOTTOM of the Gulf - it could work. Shake that five miles of earth.. and that tiny hole could collapse on it self - and stop the flow.
Check out this photo.. and see if you agree.

Attachments

• 19relief-well-statusjpg-8cc1ced7ca4db9e6.jpg
    19relief-well-statusjpg-8cc1ced7ca4db9e6.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 36