• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's Up With Diesel?

BoneheadNW

In the course of an hour, I saw the price of diesel go up 15 cents yesterday from $3.30 to $3.45. Did anyone else notice this where they live? What is up with that?
Bonehead

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I did notice that it was 3.45 on one side of town and 3.18 on another. It's probably up everywhere now.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmm, $2.99 this morning here. Maybe I ought to top off my pickup.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Did't crude just hit it's highest ever recorded? I am sure since Diesel is in demand right now I am sure they are raising it right away.

murph

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Regular is $3.09 to $3.19 here. Diesel is running about $0.40 more and E-85 is $0.30 less than Regular. I paid $2.99 for premium less than a week ago.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Regular is $3.09 to $3.19 here. Diesel is running about $0.40 more and E-85 is $0.30 less than Regular. I paid $2.99 for premium less than a week ago.

I've got 500 gallons @ $2.65 sitting in the tank out in the yard. :coolshade

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
I saw an article some where on a ski resort that tested cooking oil in their diesel cats. They said they liked it. You just have to filter it well and keep it warm enough for the proper viscosity. Once its running, thats easy. just recirculate coolant through the tank with a pipe. One of my big trucks had this system that was part of the block heater and also prevented gelling while underway.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You can also add additives so it wont gel up.
Yup, one of the big problems with veggie based Bio-Diesel is that it gels up at much higher temperatures than dino-based diesel. Anti-Gel is a must, we had problems with fuel lines clogging because there is almost no way to keep a fuel line warm between the fuel tank and the engine. Anti-Gel works wonders to keep the fuel flowing. Before I retired we used Power Service conditioner/anti-gel in the fleet, it works very well. One year before we started using Power Service, when temps got below -10 F we'd mix in some kerosene too. Not emissions legal, but no inspector in his right mind was out inspecting emissions when the temps drop below -10 F anyway.