• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1800 rpm yanmar

bill w

I bought a 10k northern lights genset for the yanmar 3 cyl liquid cooled motor for a project. i'm looking for anyone that has info on how to convert it to a non fixed 3000 rpm. it is a model# 3tne78 ac-ad. thanks, Bill w

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have the yanmar 3 cyl in my gator if you need pictures
what are you planning?

Last edited:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Does this help? I'm thinking you remove the regulator spring and replace it with a something rigid like a turnbuckle then attach a mechanical cable to the top of the regulator handle.

iu

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
As I see it w/o the spring the governor would rendered inoperable. might need a stronger spring but that might cause other problems.
Mike

bill w

i'm going to use it in my hustler groomer I bought.it had a twin diesel ruggerini air cooled in it.i wanted a motor I can get parts for without calling Italy....and don't worry,lots of pics coming up. Bill w

cabinboy

BCZOOM Is correct the regulator spring is maintining 1800 rpms for the generator speed at all times the idle screw is set to 1800 rpms also.