• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Meyers 7.5' snowplow mated to a New Holland

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw that Mike. Nice project.
One question though. Why was the rectangle frame built so tall?

PineRidge

Back From the Dead
I needed height for the support chain. The chain actually supports the weight of the plow since it moves up and down on uneven ground via the pivot brackets. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say here.

Thanks for the compliement too :D

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice job Mike, you obviously have to much time on your hands.....:applause:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What a blade!!! I'd love to have one out front like that instead of the rear one. I bet you get enough snow up your way to really put a blade like that to work. :) Nice job! :)

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure gives me an idea on what to do with this $8 Bolens blade :D
Biggest problem is I don't have a QA bucket, but I could just remove the pins and store the bucket for winter.

Attachments

• plow blade.JPG
    plow blade.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 44

PineRidge

Back From the Dead
I'de put that puppy to use it looks like sound steel to me. Why not do some modifications so you can use it and post the results here. This site really needs more tractor related projects to grow.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mike, great project!

OhioTC18, you should be able to get a "pin type" adapter from ATI for your loader to make bucket removal as simple as pulling some pins. It is not as good as a QA types system but it sure makes the task easier. I know ATI makes them because I almost bought one and looked into it.

I'd think the $8 Bolens blade could be adapted to the front of the FEL by simply making a pin-type quick attachment set up on the rear end of the blade.

If I would have had access to a blade like that, it is very likely I would not have the rear snow blower today.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
That Bolens blade is only 54" wide, so I think that you would be better off selling it on eBay and buying a real snow plow blade if you want one for the front of your tractor. The Bolens blade looks like it will fit the Bolens HT20 and HT 23 tractors. My guess is that it will bring you about $150 - $200 on eBay. I will know better next month when I put mine up for sale on eBay.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Junkman said:
That Bolens blade is only 54" wide, so I think that you would be better off selling it on eBay and buying a real snow plow blade if you want one for the front of your tractor. The Bolens blade looks like it will fit the Bolens HT20 and HT 23 tractors. My guess is that it will bring you about $150 - $200 on eBay. I will know better next month when I put mine up for sale on eBay.
Yeah Junk it is a little small but........
As far as listing it on eBay, it's had a couple of brackets added to it by it's former owner. It was mounted on an AC with a cable system to raise and lower it. So it is no longer stock and I don't know what might have been added or cut off.

PineRidge

Back From the Dead
Ohio TC-18, I think Junk is making you an offer of $150 - $200 ;) He is correct in that used Meyers plow blades can be had for as little as $100. which is what I gave for mine. Course I did have to purchase the QA plates and hoses too.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
PineRidge said:
Ohio TC-18, I think Junk is making you an offer of $150 - $200 ;) He is correct in that used Meyers plow blades can be had for as little as $100. which is what I gave for mine. Course I did have to purchase the QA plates and hoses too.
If that's an offer......SOLD :coolshade

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
It looks like if you remove the end brackets that are pinned to the end of the A frame, it will be correct for the Bolens. I can send you a picture of the Bolens frame if you want. I don't think it is modified by very much. The most I would do is to paint it first. The only other thing that appears to be missing is the brackets for the power angle, but they can be added by the next owner if he/she has the pistons to go with this. Junk.....

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
As the tractor width is about 48", it seems like a 54" wide blade would be a nice fit. I'm sure the tractor has enough power/weight to move a bigger blade with snow piled up in front of it but I'd be happy with 54" of blade if it only cost me $8.00.

PineRidge

Back From the Dead
Bob your money is no good here but we will take all of your Hawaiian shirts for payment. Junk wants to change his image a bit. :D