• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Tool.....Stihl Kombi System

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
KM 110 R STIHL KombiSystem .......

The STIHL KombiSystem is a complete family of multi-task tools comprised of different power-heads and numerous attachments. The split shaft design lets you quickly change attachments.

We'll see!!

KM 110 R STIHL KombiSystem
DISPLACEMENT
31.4 cc (1.9 cu. in.)
ENGINE POWER
1.0 kW (1.3 bhp)
FUEL CAPACITY
530 cc (18 oz.)
Powered by the patented STIHL 4-MIX®
engine. A professional unit with lower
exhaust emissions.

FS Line Head
Trimmer Attachment

Uses the dependable AUTOCUT® head. Designed for mowing and trimming around obstacles.

HT Pole Pruner Attachment
Makes quick work of pruning trees and shrubs. Side-access chain tensioner makes it easy to adjust the chain. Oil tank cap with retainer helps keep you from losing the cap.
Optional shaft extension. Extends shaft by 37".

http://www.stihl.us/multitask/KM110R.html

Got the trimmer, chain saw pruner, extension and brush blade for the trimmer. Got 10% off everything... $605.

A 4 stroke that requires mixed fuel..........:yum:..........:wtf:

Attachments

• KM110R.jpg
    KM110R.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 133
  • attach_HTpole.gif
    attach_HTpole.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 131
  • attach_fs.gif
    attach_fs.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 132

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I looked at those and they are AWESOME!

If I didn't already have a couple others, I would have ponied up the cash for one of those. Instead I bought a Troy Bilt unit, which is really just a cheap knock off of a Stihl or an Echo. It does the job, but vibrates like crazy!!! I have the pole pruner and the pole hedge trimmer, it came with a weed wacker head but I've never used that.

I don't know which I like better: Stihl or Echo. But I can tell you one thing that Stihl combo unit is awesome and I wish I had one!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a 8 year old John Deere Green machine with a broken driveshaft thanks to #2. Best brush cutter I ever owned and I can't find the shaft or tube for replacement. I've called all over the USA, pretty disappointed to have a great motor and nothing to use it with. I also have a EFCO which has been a good unit, I just gotta have 2 working trimmers. Haven't done the pruner yet, tomorrow maybe, I just had to have it.....:D

If anyone reads this and can help with the green machine, let me know...
Model # 3000J ...........I have the part numbers if needed....
Crosses with Homelite, Redmax and Shindiawa older models!!

DAP

I too have the JD version of this thing. It is bullet proof (your broken shaft not withstanding).

I have the string cutter, the blade cutter, and the tiller attachment. This thing starts by lookin at it funny too. I held out for the pole saw attachment which was delayed for 3 years. Ultimately, decided it was too much weight to lift over ones head for any meaningful length of time.

One word of caution, I used it to till up the Mrs. raised beds. With the tiller attached it weighs about 45 pounds. 30 mins of dragging that thing around will put a hurtin on an old man's back.

Brickshithouse though.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Awesome!!:thumb:

Since I like bicycle handles on the Stihl, I have have a craftsman "combi-tool" for my pole pruner [also a little trimmer head]; even though the craftsman isn't as smooth as the Stilhl, I can tell you two things about a pole pruner:

1. You'll love it for how simple it makes trimming.
2. You'll hate it when your wife figures out what you can do with it!:pat: :D

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BigDog, have you used this thing yet? Can you give us your impressions?

And what is the deal with the gas/oil pre-mix in a 4-cycle engine???

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
And what is the deal with the gas/oil pre-mix in a 4-cycle engine???

I'd put it on the list of "time will tell" if it makes sense or not. IMHO, the biggest part that doesn't make sense isn't the engine but [to my understanding] the reason: Emissions Codes (California?). Since two cycles have ports instead of valves, you always have some unburned fuel escaping - where I find the humor is trying to ponder the % of fuel ever put in a weed eater tank compared to pretty much any other application.

Anyway, it is a true four stroke with valves etc. So why the mix? If you have an oil pan, you're directionally limited. The mix lubes the 4mix just like a two cycle. I'd also suspect they're getting a slight turbo boost effect out of the crankcase pressure (with the closed exhause valve, it seems plausible over a port [i.e. 2cycle] system), that could be one of the reasons they don't have quite the power to weight ratio loss generally associated with a 4stroke [2 cycles fire each rev [instead of every other], though at a slightly reduced efficiency].

Clear as "blue gas"?:confused: :D

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have one of those 4-Mix engines in my backpack blower.

You mix at 50-1.

It starts first pull and runs like a charm. Has lots of power and it's significantly quieter than a 2-stroke.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So far...........I was warned by the dealer that they're a little cold natured, if it is, it's minimal, no problems. Damn thing has valves that will need adjusted after approximately 300 hours use. It just like a Harley........ it's not quick triggered but the torque is pretty impressive. As long as you have aggressive RPMs it doesn't bog. Trimmer head is removed with lefthand thread and hand tight. It uses a retaining pin instead of wrenches for removal. Used the pruner Sunday and 4" branches cut very easy, I would hope with new chain. With the extention (1 is the limit BTW) reach was about 14', wouldn't want to do this for very long, it can get heavy. Chain oil capacity is about 8 oz.

Don't ask me about the premix for the 4 cycle, I got no clue, see the following! It's the same 50:1 I use in all my 2 cycle stuff (trimmer and chain saws).

With the introduction of the STIHL 4-MIX® engine, STIHL unveils the outdoor power plant of the future. This patented engine design includes the best of 2-stroke and 4-stroke technologies combined. The new STIHL 4-MIX® engine offers more horsepower, more torque and less vibration than its 2-stroke counterpart.

Built with the patented STIHL lubrication system, it runs on standard 50:1 fuel-mix, thus eliminating the need for a separate oil chamber. Its compact design with fewer parts, creates less frequent service needs than a typical 4-stroke engine. And also weighs less than the typical 4-stroke engine.

The STIHL 4-MIX® not only meets the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) “Phase 2” emissions standards effective January 2005, but also measures up to the regulations set forth by the California Air Resources Board (CARB).
Professionals will appreciate the fast acceleration, pleasant sound, high torque and fuel efficiency with fewer “pit” stops. So, when the day is done and the work complete, you'll finish in first place with the STIHL 4-MIX® engine.

Attachments

• 4MIX_crosssection.jpeg
    4MIX_crosssection.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 105

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
That has to be better at pruning trees than carrying around my 8' ladder and holding my Stihl 039 up over my head for hours. Man, that thing gets heavy. What's funny is that I bought the 039 several years ago because before that I used to borrow my uncle's Stihl 090 to prune. :eek: That got REALLY heavy fast. I think he had a 36" bar on it and told me that the saw had something like 13 hp! :thumb: Heck, were talking about the power of some of the really small SCUTS in a chain saw. Why would anyone want a chain saw like that?! I'm into power and strong stuff, but a 13 hp chain saw? :pat:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
Why would anyone want a chain saw like that?! I'm into power and strong stuff, but a 13 hp chain saw? :pat:
Because they make it. :thumb: (insert Tim the Toolman grunt here):tiphat: :coolshade

(Why do people need 1-ton duelly trucks that can smoke the tires and beat a sportscar off the line) :pat: :eek: :rolleyes: :StickOutT

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
Because they make it. :thumb: (insert Tim the Toolman grunt here................ruhhf ruhhf ruhhf):tiphat: :coolshade

(Why do people need 1-ton duelly trucks that can smoke the tires and beat a sportscar off the line) :pat: :eek: :rolleyes: :StickOutT

Did good din't I...!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Big Dog said:
Did good din't I...!
Yes, thank you.:tiphat:

I wasn't sure of the correct spelling although I have the pronunciation down pretty good. :thumb:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Big Dog said:
I have a 8 year old John Deere Green machine with a broken driveshaft thanks to #2. Best brush cutter I ever owned and I can't find the shaft or tube for replacement. I've called all over the USA, pretty disappointed to have a great motor and nothing to use it with. I also have a EFCO which has been a good unit, I just gotta have 2 working trimmers. Haven't done the pruner yet, tomorrow maybe, I just had to have it.....:D

If anyone reads this and can help with the green machine, let me know...
Model # 3000J ...........I have the part numbers if needed....
Crosses with Homelite, Redmax and Shindiawa older models!!

Guess What..........?

I persevered on my Green Machine parts!!!!

Hawkins Bros
HAWKINS BROS. SERVICE CENTER
100 W. Maple St.
Shelbina, MO 63468
573-588-4731

Lines carried: Obsolete Homelite & Poulan. Also Briggs & Stratton, Husqvarna, Kohler, Lawn-Boy, MTD, Murray, Tecumseh.

I'm pretty excited about this............:thumb: ...............took alot of phone calls, DAP pay heed!!

DAP

How tough was the install on that shaft? I'm liking the green 2 stroke variety of this tool also.

Never let me down and keeps runnin and runnin.

Easiest starting pull motor I ever owned.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know it's late but the JD Green Machine has been rolling great for the last month. It's as good as new and even looks it with the new parts. Took me awhile to get the parts because the bottom fell out of the first shipment packaging tube. The downtube was gone when I received the package, so had to file claims and finally got the tube. Cost me $80 for parts, but you can't buy one like this for less than $300 and I really do like it. Assembly wasn't a problem, splined shaft so just drop in and go. Took longer to replace throttle trigger and ON/OFF switch.

Now it's a big decision when I go to grab a brushcutter/trimmer...........Old Green or Kombi?.............have to say it's about even so far.......:thumb:

BTW..............my son is restricted to the EFCO only now .............:D

P.S. - How does UPS lose or not discover a 5 foot piece of conduit (downtube)? Maybe a conveyor is about to slow............:eek: