• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Member "Frostbeitz" picked up a Kristi for $650 in Colorado!

Frostbeitz

I picked up that cat on craigslist,,Got er for 650$ 100% complete,,I had to take it home!!!!!

Attachments

• snocat5.jpg
    snocat5.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 438
  • snocat6.jpg
    snocat6.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 434
  • snocat7.jpg
    snocat7.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 428
  • snocat10.jpg
    snocat10.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 432

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi and welcome to the Snowcat Forums at ForumsForums.

You must truly be insane to have bought a snowcat. My wife firmly believes I lost my mind and she would be the expert on losing things, so if my mind is gone, yours must be too!

What are your plans for this unit? It looks like a KT2, but with my semi-trained eye I suppose it could be a KT3.

Woody_1

Ahh, A krusty kristy, Up for resurection. Can't wait to see it in some snow. Winter is coming. It's gonna be fun.:hammer::bounce::flagusa:

Frostbeitz

Hi and welcome to the Snowcat Forums at ForumsForums.

You must truly be insane to have bought a snowcat. My wife firmly believes I lost my mind and she would be the expert on losing things, so if my mind is gone, yours must be too!

What are your plans for this unit? It looks like a KT2, but with my semi-trained eye I suppose it could be a KT3.

Lol,,,Lost my mind when started jumping snowmobiles,,,Now lost my back at work,,, Needed a new hobbie I found this Kristi,, Everyone my age have a Streetbike,Mustang,Harley, Boats Ect., But not 1 person I know or met has a "Cat". I have alot of great help on this project,,My fiberglass guy does Funny car bodies and paint(My Uncle) Little bro is a sparky,, Granpa is still very hands on and keeps my head on strait!!! Had plans for a turbo VW bus motor but Granps say nonono,,More reliable Than anything,, I am also pretty handy built couple street cars and a couple sleds,,Iam also a good backcountry rider so I know how to get thru the snow and how it acts,,Plans are winches,New track and wheels,Interior sound system,,Set it up for ice fishing and haulin younger siblings snowboardin,, Yes it will take me a while,but a fun project that keeps the family together. I am looking for any tips, upgrade ideas, Custom or done up Kristi picture,, Thanks

(This lil Kristi may B Kusty now but "you" will wana buy er when shes done!)

Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
What you got there is a KT2 Kristi from the early 60's I have a KT3 . They are very much alike .CHANGE THE EXHAUST DESIGN! #1 problem . I sent you a PM to my KT3 rebuild post.I been in every part of my KT3 and have any and all pictures from the beginning .
let me know if you run into problems . I pretty much know where to get stuff to rebuild it . Transmission and Clam shells are the only krist made parts that are next to impossible to find . Good luck and i'll be talking with ya :smile:

Frostbeitz

Thank you very much,, I am doing a tear down right now and as you said taking picture of every nut and bolt,,I am going to start on rails as you did, I already have picked up 300ft of brand new conveyor belt in 6 inch strips,, good start,, also hard to find stuff there is a guy here in colo. That has a few donars I'm told by him,, what type motor are you going to run?? I was thinking a vw bus motor same design I'm pretty sure,, how about winch options? Do you have any? I have enough room under motor to store a small child so I was thinking in side front mount after I build a interior tube skeleton,, any thoughts? How about track width and lugs did u mock same design? I am thinking of just running 2 belts for track since I have 6inch strips already,, might save alittle weight that I am going to add elsewhere,, I know it might not be soo great in extreme deep pow. situations, but I can always add belts inner or outer,, any thoughts thanks

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I think I would stay with the 4 belt design . Makes the PSI very light on the snow .
I "think" your KT2 came with a 1200 or 1300 VW engine more than likely .
I picked up another engine and rebuilt mine to 1682CC's . Try to set up a better oil change system than it came with . Build a trap door into the lower body to access the oil drain plug .
Check those track rail bushings and bearings very closely . If they need changing its best to do it now . they are a little pricey .
I have a small 2000 pound winch to add to my KT3 sitting in the shop .
I did a very complete Track rebuild post on my KT7 when I restored it . You may want to search for it under the KT7 Restoration post
Kristi KT7 restoration pictures (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)

Mtn-Track

Welcome to "THE CAT HOUSE"!

...and congrat's on getting that Kristy. I was tempted for a second, but only a second. One cat restore was enough for me. Sounds like you have all the necessary personel on hand to get it up-and-going, so that's good!

Of course, now I may have a new bumper sticker made up;

"Yes, this IS my Tucker. NO, I won't tow your Krusty off the mountain!":brows:

Just kidding....
ENJOY YOUR NEW PROJECT and I hope to see you out on the snow this next winter!

PrecisionMarine

Welcome to the Forum!
Glad to see Al has an accomplice.. he often takes the brunt of the Krusty jokes alone.
We'll all look forward to seeing your project take shape!