• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Building bunk beds

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We already have 2 sets of bunk beds for the kids. Budget ones from Wal-Mart. I'm in the process of building an L shaped triple bunk bed for the girls room as it appears we are getting another foster child next week. So we need a place for her to sleep. Anyways, there are lots of plans online for building a triple bunk stacked but not much for an L shaped triple bunk. So I took ideas from a couple different sets of plans.

For starters, here is the main plan but the middle bunk will be coming out at a 90 degree angle instead of straight out to the right. The second picture is my modification to the original plan.
168683ac780f3d2c2da2c3538cd69947.jpg
4cbaf736907a69fda6c2da191f0c7c8e.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So I set out to home depot to pick up a bunch of supplies this morning then got to work in the garage. So far I've got two of the frames built and started sanding the them. The plan is to fill any cracks with filler then probably stain it.
bd3938b9ff8111b91e3bef9260406337.jpg
d59b4eddf24b993fd76f7c8522d23c62.jpg

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I see from your recent posts you specialize in exhaust manifolds and bunk beds? :th_lmao:x

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's coming along nicely. I did a pre assembly out in the garage today so I could mock up all the side rails and figure out the ladder situation. I still have to install the middle bunk. Oh, and I realized that I screwed up when I mounted the top bunk by mounting it 6" too low. Oh well. It'll be raised during final assembly.
8a42a93872bdd953db48cc1f379102f1.jpg