• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Asking for help donating my car

Pureself

Hey guys,

I have been thinking about donating my old car - a 1990 Acura legend coupe. I know of a few local charities/causes that might be able to do something with it but I am unsure on donating still. I just dont want it to be misused or goto anywhere but to benefit the charity itself of my choice.

I have looked around places like usedcardonate dot com - but I am still unsure which causes are more trustworthy than others. Does anyone know of any that are good, and come recommended? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just dont want it to be misused or goto anywhere but to benefit the charity itself of my choice.
If you've already chosen the charity, contact them and ask how best to donate the car directly to them.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Depends on your location. In Ohio such a charity as you described is Volunteers of America. Tell us where you are and maybe we can come up with a better suggestion.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I have to wonder how this person chose the FF crowd for advice regarding donating a car worth between $750 - $2,000. I'm talking this is his introductory post!! :unsure: What a reputation we must have in the forum world.:whistling:

How soon will he come back for relationship advice. We know we excel at that around here. First cars, then love & sex. :doh::doh:

You can get anything you want, at Doc's forums.:yum::yum:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have to wonder how this person chose the FF crowd for advice regarding donating a car worth between $750 - $2,000. I'm talking this is his introductory post!! :unsure: What a reputation we must have in the forum world.:whistling:

How soon will he come back for relationship advice. We know we excel at that around here. First cars, then love & sex. :doh::doh:

You can get anything you want, at Doc's forums.:yum::yum:

I'm still waiting for the sex....:brows:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Around here we have a place called Good News Garage. It takes donated cars, and the mechanics check them over to make sure they are safe and pass a safety inspection. It is a non profit operation run by some local churches. There must be something like that in your area. That would be the place to go IMHO.

As for sex advice on FF, be afraid, be very afraid. :smile:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
The Association for Retarded Citizens (ARC) has chapters all over the country that take automobile donations.