• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Got the new HD hooked up yesterday .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The Dish guy came out and set up the new HD service yesterday . WOW ! I am not a big TV watcher but the picture is pretty amazing on the new 55" TV . You can see a pimple on a flea's butt with that thing !!!!:biggrin:

Mom is happy and if Mom is happy , Dad is happy :clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wait till you see some movies with good scenery in them. And sports are great with it as well. I don't like the extra $ every month but I can't take it with me so it is one of those perks I have earned.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You can see a pimple on a flea's butt with that thing !!!!:biggrin:
Can I ask what channel or show you're watching that shows such things? Animal Planet? Discovery Channel? NatGeo?

I never went with HD since most of our TV's still have a tube. :(

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Can I ask what channel or show you're watching that shows such things? Animal Planet? Discovery Channel? NatGeo?

Little local station here in Idaho called "Stupid Shit" .They were showing how to tell the difference between a pimple and a boil on you pet fleas butt . This should not be confused with freckle or mole . This is the same station that brings us our "State of the Union Address" each year .

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
While I have cable, I'm still very impressed with the quality and volume of local broadcasts. Here's a trick I learned to grab more of those local broadcasts out of the air: hook your cable up to the antenna (75 ohm) jack. In the set up menu and before you search for channels, set tv to "cable" then do your channel search. You'll pick up the cable channels and a ton of broadcast stations, since you're using all the cable wiring in your house as an antenna.

snow dog

Good deal Big Al. I love my HD tv and those HD channels. After you see one of those, why does anyone still broadcast on old format?

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
The two shows that I found were most impressive in HD are CSI Miami and the new Hawaii 5-0.