• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mysterious ads showing up in Craigslist Postings

magimaker

I've noticed that some of my craigslist ads suddenly are having weird links showing up to other products or services. I never put this in my ad and when I go to edit the ad it's not in there so it's something Craigslist is adding. Has anyone else seen this?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Or is Google interfering with your computer, cause they know where you have been and what your interests are? Welcome to the new world of marketing that may distroy the internet, and make it a place no one wants to go, by showing you adds you don't want to see, before it lets you do and see what you want. Thanks Google.

Regards, Kirk

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Or is Google interfering with your computer, cause they know where you have been and what your interests are? Welcome to the new world of marketing that may distroy the internet, and make it a place no one wants to go, by showing you adds you don't want to see, before it lets you do and see what you want. Thanks Google.

Regards, Kirk
Ditto, If you use IE for a browser as i do, use "browse in private" function and the "bing search engine", then shut off search history and you wont have that problem. :wink:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
You can use IXQuick too, supposed to be the most PRIVATE search engine available. At least according to them it is.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You can use IXQuick too, supposed to be the most PRIVATE search engine available. At least according to them it is.
Thanks Squerly, I had not heard of that one. I'll give it a try. I already added it to my firefox search bar. Google is the last search tool I will use nowadays; but still I find it necessary on occasion.