• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

End of an era.....

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
and the beginning of a new one.

Yesterday, the last F-16 left the VTANG. In September the Air Guard gets the F-35.

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 8.23.14 AM.png

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm in awe of the F-16. I've seen them in action at air shows. What a thrill. I can't even imagine how the F-35 can improve much on the F-16.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I remember Dad's pics of the 16s and 18s on the flight deck of the Nimitz.
That said, we had some A10s fly over here last week.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Saw them often in East Anglia in the UK where they were stationed as part of NATO. East Anglia is basically flat and those buggers used to come screaming over the roads at tree top height, scaring the beejeezus out of you if you were driving on that road. I think that it kept the pilots amused. :smile::smile::smile:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm in awe of the F-16. I've seen them in action at air shows. What a thrill. I can't even imagine how the F-35 can improve much on the F-16.

The F-35 is an incredibly capable aircraft. I remember when Trump was running for President he criticized the plane and the program and said one of the things he was going to do was take a second look at the program. After he met with General Dynamics and received the classified intel, he changed his tune.

Like the others here, I too loved the F-16. I did a few projects at the air base and got to know some of the people there and they were some of the most capable and professional group I have ever met.