• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Radiator Flush on a 1404 Imp

rodre

I am thinking to flush the rad on my 1404, any one done this? Any pointers would be much appreciated.

rodre

Also curious what this is:

Attachments

• IMG_20181017_131317469.jpg
    IMG_20181017_131317469.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 199

rodre

Thanks for the link, mine is missing the power cord so I may need to buy one. That looks like the exact same one.

Is there any drain valves on the rad or drain plugs on the block? Or is it the remove the bottom hose off the rad style?

rodre

Ordered the circulation pump and found the drain valve on the bottom driver side of the rad. The antifreeze was super clean so now I am thinking it may not need a flush afterall. I pressurized the cooling system and I didn't see any leaks so probably won't mess with it. Going to just attach the new heater core and just refill it with some decent antifreeze.

rodre

I received the circulation heater and despite it being the same make and model it was not a drop in replacement. The new one has what appears to be an unpainted cast aluminum body with some wings for screws to hold the bottom quarter section to the top three quarters. These wings get in the way between the body and the angled motor mount. After 3 hours of trying it in various heights in the U-bolt that holds it to the body I found the sweet spot which allows you to get it in and have about 2mm of clearance on the motor mount side and the wing. I had to put it about an inch lower than the original one and there was just enough hose after some moving around of the two hoses to connect to it. A total pain in the arse but well worth it once in and the newer one looks higher quality than the old one. At 2 celcius it brings the engine block up to operating temperature in about 12 minutes.

This is what the new one looks like:

https://images.google.ca/imgres?img...L3EqfM&vet=1&docid=w8ZR4Ph1t3HcIM&w=466&h=350