• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Show off your tractor!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok ya'll, I don't know about you but I love to look at tractors. Be it fairs, shows or just passing a dealer, I'm always looking! Hell I can't wait till my Fastline mag comes in the mail. Beings this site brought us together from our tractor ownership, lets see your tractor(s). I know most have posted pictures of parts or areas of their tractor but lets see them in show off mode.

I know the included pic is now famous but you can find more at the following link....

http://photobucket.com/albums/a24/gmsssi/?start=20

I wanna to be able to associate the player with the toy.....:a1:

Mike has a nice tractor documentary but the rest I have no idea, help a brother out with his fix..........:D

Greg

Attachments

• 100_0263b.jpg
    100_0263b.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 176

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I no longer have the Oliver Super 55, but I still have plenty of spare parts for the NEXT Ollie that I restore.

Attachments

• 1KubandNH.jpg
    1KubandNH.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 1Ven.jpg
    1Ven.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 181
  • 1OllieNHCub.jpg
    1OllieNHCub.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The tractor you asked about is orange. The photos show the following machines:

Kubota B2910, NH TC24, Cub Cadet 1862, Ventrac 3000, Oliver Super 55

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok, what work differentiates the NH and the Kubota if any?

JayC

Huh?
This should be a cool thread! I love looking at photos of tractors. I don't know why, either. I must get it from my grandfather. He loved tractors. I don't have much in the way of photos. When he died we ended up with this:

grandpastractor4ur.jpg

I'm not sure if you saw that pic before or not. It's all I got. That is one of the tractors he built from scratch a long time ago. You have to use a rope to start it. There are no brakes, either. It goes fast, too. :eek: :D

Anywho, if you like old iron, I searched the webshots community about a year ago and gathered the best photos I found. There are 158 of them, pretty much all of which are wallpaper quality. Plus, they make a great screensaver.:cool::cool: I zipped them up and am currently uploading them. They should be ready in a bit. The file is roughly 17MB, so if you have dial-up, you may want to let it run for the night.

If you have XP, you can create a screensaver this way:

1. Create a folder for your screensaver's images.

2. Right click on the desktop and select 'properties'

3. Click on 'Screen Saver', and then select 'My pictures slideshow' from the pulldown list.

4. Click on 'Settings'. Under 'Use pictures in this folder', browse to the folder you created in 1), above.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have cable and am waiting..............:D

BTW, I do recall the photo!

BadAttitude

Big Dog said:
Ok ya'll, I don't know about you but I love to look at tractors. I know most have posted pictures of parts or areas of their tractor but lets see them in show off mode.

I wanna to be able to associate the player with the toy.....:a1:
Since you asked...:D The 1st is when delivered...

The 2nd...I'm pretty sure some here have seen these, but how many of you folks would even consider doing this to your new tractor with only 10 hrs on it?

Attachments

• New.jpg
    New.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 175
  • tractor...split.jpg
    tractor...split.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 175

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Kubota came in 2000, it does heavier work, does the digging (has a toothbar) never hooked a mower up to it, but plenty of box blade work with it. As my landscaping developed, it actually became large for many tasks, doesn't fit into my "dog yard" and is too tippy in there with the tight spaces and irregular ground. It really sits around most of the time. It has a Great Bend backhoe for it also.

The NH is a mowing machine, but I added a FEL about a year after buying it. I find I use it more often than not. It fits in the woods, fits in the dog yard, and has a loader that is nearly as capable. But it can't dig!

Here is a little photo test I did. My daughter is sitting 2' in front of the front edge of the buckets.

Attachments

• 2kub.jpg
    2kub.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 2nh.jpg
    2nh.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 176

JayC

Huh?
I remember that thread about tearing your new tractor in two. I wouldn't even know where to begin. I'm the kind of person who, when pulling the dipstick to check the oil, end up with extra parts.:eek::eek:

Btw, there's about 8 minutes left for the upload...

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
The Kubota came in 2000, it does heavier work, does the digging (has a toothbar) never hooked a mower up to it, but plenty of box blade work with it. As my landscaping developed, it actually became large for many tasks, doesn't fit into my "dog yard" and is too tippy in there with the tight spaces and irregular ground. It really sits around most of the time. It has a Great Bend backhoe for it also.

The NH is a mowing machine, but I added a FEL about a year after buying it. I find I use it more often than not. It fits in the woods, fits in the dog yard, and has a loader that is nearly as capable. But it can't dig!

Here is a little photo test I did. My daughter is sitting 2' in front of the front edge of the buckets.

I see where the curved loader is a nice view! Is your daughter getting behind the wheel of any? I get tons of pleasure watching my son operate!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My daughter loves to drive the Ventrac. She's not allowed on the bigger tractors. The Cub Cadet is now at my office so she doesn't get to play with that.

By the way, I had to keep the engines revved up to keep her sitting still, she tried to get away a few times and I had to chase her down the driveway, scoop her up and bring her back. :whistle:

BadAttitude

Big Dog said:
Very nice tractor and what happened?
Here's the short version...

Had a problem with my previous NH Cut and let the local dealer repair it. The so called 'repair' didn't fix the problem! Meanwhile, I had decided to trade for new and let the problem fade away with the old one. That bit me in the azz somewhat...the new Cut had a hydro leak from day one, which required the tractor to be split to correct the leak.

I ended up doing the repair myself...Corp NH gave me authorization...since I was not willing to risk the chance of 'other' problems arising. Not really trying to knock the dealer, but if they couldn't fix a 'simple problem', I sure as hell had no faith in them to split the new one.

BadAttitude

Jay...care to help me out? Which do I open?
be a little lost...:D

Filename : Old_Iron.zip
Size : 16.849 MB

FileFactory FTP -- Click here to download
[Right click and select "Save Target As..." for movie files]
Please note it can take 30 seconds or more for your download to begin. This link is only valid for 10 minutes. HTTP links are available for files less than 75MB.

FileFactory P2P -- Click here to download (IE only)
[Our P2P system resumes broken downloads and is good for popular files]

FileFactory HTTP -- Click here to download

JayC

Huh?
BadAttitude said:
Nice rig Jay:D

bet it mows real good too :rofl1:

Likewise...I remember the one that your grandad built too. Does it still run, do you use it?

Mows super.:D

I haven't run the tractor this year. I should have, but there is alot of junk in the way. Also, the middle harrows are off. I need to get those back on. I plowed with it once. It did a good job. Was fun, too.:eek:

JayC

Huh?
The best bet would probably be the HTTP one. That way the browser will download it. P2P is that file sharing thing. I don't use FTP, so can't comment on that.

BadAttitude

JayC said:
The best bet would probably be the HTTP one. That way the browser will download it. P2P is that file sharing thing. I don't use FTP, so can't comment on that.
Thanx:tiphat:
wish me luck...:whistle:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think you know why I posted these! Neat............:a1:

Put one in for Bob........:tiphat:

Attachments

• Silver Kingb.jpg
    Silver Kingb.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Cockshutt Deluxe 35 at Eagleville, Tennessee Tractor Show, Sp.jpg
    Cockshutt Deluxe 35 at Eagleville, Tennessee Tractor Show, Sp.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 1927 Farmall F-20b.jpg
    1927 Farmall F-20b.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Rock Island G2b.jpg
    Rock Island G2b.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Oliver Standard 70b.jpg
    Oliver Standard 70b.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

JayC

Huh?
BadAttitude said:
What's the deal with 'Waterloo boy'. What does it do...dust control?

(I tried to attach it... but???)

Hmm... Not sure why it won't attach. I think there are limits set by Doc.:confused: I had to go looking through the pics again to see what you were talking about. I forgot about it being there. lol Anywho, if I remember right, Waterloo Boy was pre-John Deere. When Deere got into tractors, he purchased the Waterloo Boy.

I hope I didn't mutilate the history too much.:smileywac

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BadAttitude said:
What's the deal with 'Waterloo boy'. What does it do...dust control?

(I tried to attach it... but???)

Picture attachments have to be less than 98kb! You'll have to resize it, I had to resize to post the ones I did.......:tiphat:

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
Here is my 2005 L3830 GST. All three photos taken while cleaning up Katrina's mess:

Attachments

• P1010002 (Small).JPG
    P1010002 (Small).JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 98
  • P1010007 (Small).JPG
    P1010007 (Small).JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 96
  • P1010012 (Small).JPG
    P1010012 (Small).JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 96

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great shots Buckle, Thanks! I see you have lots of firewood too!

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Ok..some of you might have seen these. This is me and 2 of my 3 favorite girls.

102-0288_IMG.jpg

This is 'ol gray. She will be one of my winter projects.

101-0118_IMG.jpg

Just another piece of heaven being tended to.

103-0321_IMG.jpg

Yes I know it's not a tractor...but did you know these were marketed as farm vehicles back in the day??? Besides I bet it could go most places my tractor can and maybe even give Bob's Snow Trac a run for it's money...:eek:

100-0099_IMG.jpg

Last edited: