• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow cat Jamboree 2016

Tye one on

It's about that time! We have received our first dusting of snow and most of us are already getting the itch to pull our machines out and start tinkering! First order of business will be dates for the Jamboree, any opposition to February 20,21,22? I will need to check with Der Ritterhof to make sure availability is good at that time but this is a good place to start. I'm hoping by pushing this event back this far snow will be better but who knows of course, it's early. Cheers!

Tye one on

Snowcat Jamboree 2016 will be held in Leavenworth Wa on February 19th through the 21st. Rooms will be offered at Der Ritterhof at a reduced rate as usual and RV parking will be available as well. Once I have rate information I will post it here.

Last year we had a turn out of more than 20 cats and close to 60 people, hope to see all of you again.

Time to move your machines to the front of the shop and get em ready!! Cheers!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
leavenworth.jpg

I got my reservation at the Der Ritterhof today. I wouldn't miss this one.

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
See you all there I just booked a room 18th ~ 21st. I should have it put back together by then.

savetrax

We will be there. Plan to bring the thiokol spryte and hopefully the 601 if we get it finished. It's looking good!

Aaron Tucker

Washington is kinda far for me . me and a couple other buddy's from Colorado are thinking about doing an event at Vail CO . I think we already have 7 cats that are interested . we could do some great hill climbing and catskiing. also thought about having a road building comp .

what do you guys think ?? anyone interested ?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Washington is kinda far for me . me and a couple other buddy's from Colorado are thinking about doing an event at Vail CO . I think we already have 7 cats that are interested . we could do some great hill climbing and catskiing. also thought about having a road building comp .

what do you guys think ?? anyone interested ?

I would attend, and thanks for thinking about hosting such a event, it would be great to see 3 or 4 sno cat events each year, good group of folks.

Tye one on

The snow is coming in nicely, let's hope it keeps up!!! At this point I have 10-12 confirmed cats and if history repeats it will grow in the coming days. If you are new to the Jamboree and are considering attending I'll give you the rundown of the weekend. Thursday and Friday as people roll into Der Ritterhof's parking lot we typically unload and park so the public can view the cats. Saturday morning we will load and tie prior to a 730ish breakfast at Krystal's restaurant across the street from the hotel. We will then head head out in small groups to Derby Canyon about 20 minutes away and unload. Plan usually is to hit the trail by around 10:00 to 10:30 and head out.....remember I said plan. Occasionally there are a few cats that need some TLC before heading out or possibly some transportation issues to Bert's place......check your tires boys! Once we we are on the trail we will cruise for a couple hours (depending on how many trees we encounter on our way) and post camp in a wide spot somewhere up high and hopefully with a great view of the valley below. We will have some lunch there and people can explore at there leisure. This is a potluck style lunch so bring your favorite trail grub! There will be BBQ's, EZ ups, tables and I've even see someone cook crab up there! Nothing surprises me at this point so bring it on!!! There are always some areas to be explored in the area before heading back down to Bert's place and load back up. It's always good to have an idea of attendance so please let us know what your plans are if you haven't already. Cheers!!

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you Mr. and Mrs. one on for setting this event up again. I made reservations for us and dog. Plan to bring Cat too.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I plan on pulling in on Friday and we'll get the banner up so you can't miss the place.

turbinator62

Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I just made reservations for the 19th -21st. So we'll be there.
We have 2-1/2 feet of snow at our cabin already. Should be lots at the Jamboree!

Tye one on

Hey Cats and Kittens it been dumping in Derby Canyon! I think we should have great coverage this year for the Jamboree, knock on a cool wood tucker trophy made by Jinn of course. With snow like this it could present a few issues we didn't have to contend with last year like down trees and avalanche danger, go figure.... We will have lots of options out of Eagle Creek that will be safe but may be a fair amount of work and time so be prepared wait for some tree removal and the occasional stuck cat in the road. Won't be a Tucker, Ehhemmm you know who you are! Bring a chain and a beer for me, I'm not getting out to hook you up!

Some of you may be familiar and some not but we have a special guest this year.....The Yetti. Yes you heard me right, the Yetti has a new owner this year and will be on the trail with us. The new owner, formerly known as Iron Goat, has been painstakingly going over it to make sure it is in its finest form for the Jamboree. If you haven't seen this machine you really need to come check it out. As usual Jinn and her side kick Scott (or maybe that's the other way around) will be there with some Tucker creations from the past and all the stories to go with. Our snow trac best in show from two years ago will be there again this year, may still have a dent from last year but never the less. The Turbonator has said he will be bringing His cat out....I'll bet he will have some new fancy gadget on his cat and some hot adult beverages with him as well. Jim Vt will be there with the newest plushest cat I've ever been in and I know he is always good for giving a ride in his heated cab if there is a break down along the way! In closing I will add, Nixon needs to be there and I don't have a commitment from him yet. If you have anything we can use to bribe him with please feel free. I don't think nude photos will work so get something good like reveal he is a Russian spy or something really juicy. Not to mention Nixon, you need to help me finish that bottle of Russian gasoline you have me! These are only a few of the great people that make up Snow Cat Jamboree.

More updates to come, Cheers!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
like Nikson's love cat ( child ) ?

how about getting that guy-formerly known as Boggie to show up?

all in all, going to be a great event, and from what I hear, there is going to be a lots and lots of sno cats coming this year, Nick always does a wonderful job of making everything come together at the very last minute, and yes, get him a beer, Grouser Beer!

fyi, it is the other way around, i am the side kick to scott's three tucker circus.

Last edited:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't you go out there, Mr. One On, and cut the trees out. That is part of the adventure. I will bring a chain saw if some one can show me how to use it. Can't wait to see the Yetti. Generally, I kick to the front. It just wood not be right if Nixson is not there. Pack your bags Nikson, you are going on a guilt trip.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
sno-drifter we all know that your hands have been on many saws.
I nominate you for faller/cutter/bucker /chocker setter and yarder and your side kick pontoon princess in charge of limb removal.
we don't want any of those orange rigs to get scratched.
jim

savetrax

We decided not to wait for the jamboree to get out and have some fun in the sun.

Attachments

• IMG_20151230_114128300.jpg
    IMG_20151230_114128300.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_20151230_114232260.jpg
    IMG_20151230_114232260.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 382