• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

trivia 1/5

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
trivia 1/5
DID YOU KNOW...
Thailand’s Prime Minister was forced out of office for violating the country’s constitution..... by appearing on a cooking show.

1. Which animal provides the blood for black pudding ?
2. What does the name “Lowenbrau” translate to in English ?
3. What color is the car on monopoly’s free parking space ?
4. Who taught Eliza Dolittle to be a lady ?
5. Who were the 2 British prime ministers of the 1970’s ?
6. Which sport gives competitors three goes at the Snatch ?
7. What type of bank keeps its deposits at minus 196 degrees centigrade ?
8. Who is the animated star of the computer game Tomb Raider?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
a 2008 study by the University of Illinois found that CPR works best when you do it to the beat of “Staying Alive”.
1. the Pig
2. “Lion’s Brew”
3. Red
4. Professor Henry Higgins
5. Wilson and Heath
6. Weightlifting
7. Sperm Bank
8. Lara Croft
TRUTH !!
Yes, “Staying Alive”, the disco song, might just be the means and method of keeping you alive, according to Dr. David Matlock.
With 103 beats per minute, keeping this rhythm during CPR can jump-start a heart.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd like to contest the sole answer of "the pig" for number 1. It's made all over the world from the blood of the animals that are predominant in the area. We made it from cow's blood. From Wiki "The dish exists in various cultures from Asia to Europe. Pig, cattle, sheep, duck and goat blood can be used depending on different countries."

I got 7, 8 & T/C

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I can't believe that I missed #5 and LMAO at the wording of #6. I'm glad that they didn't mention the "clean and jerk".

I got 2, 3 (guess), 4, 6 and 8.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I either aced this one, or missed one, depending on whether or not bczoom's contesting of Question #1 is validated. When
I was growing up folks used either hog or steer blood, depending on what was most recently slaughtered.

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
......gonna have to agree with Bczoom on this one.

3_12_23v.gif