• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for a tucker

jorge2898

I always wanted one, played in one as a kid. Not sure what i want 50s 60s 70s era? At the point in my life where i can afford one. Looking to rebuild/restore one. What kinda coin am i looking at spending? What do you have? Thanks Love the site.:biggrin:

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
1950 443A sedan needs paint. All rebuilt rollers and alot of spares (200+). Ready to be assembled. Just needs paint. Search it on here

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!

Let me be the first to warn you: Tuckers are an addiction. You get one and you start working on it a bit, then you think of some more things you'd like to do, etc, etc. They will suck up lots of time (and money).

As far as finding one, they are all over the US in the northern states. East coast and mid-west Tuckers will usually be short or mid-length tracks. If you will be using it in deep powder long tracks are preferred.

Craigslist is one place to look. KSL.com is a Salt Lake City website that often has snowcats listed (though more frequently they are Thiokols). If you go to snotrans.com you'll find a selection of used cats offered by forum member Sno Trans (Bill Guthrie). Many of us have bought a Cat (or two) from him. He's a stand-up guy.

GYPSY

1969 542 Tucker in Sheridan Wyoming at C&K Equipment. 307-764-6405
I looked at it and it needs work. They were asking $3700.
I'll keep my Tucker Kitten.

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
the guy will take $9900.00 the work is done I think he's hurting for money

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Irongoat, I dunno...

I rather like the four door Wert provided the link to at the Ritchie Brothers auction. It's not nearly as nice as the Aleyeska Tuckers, but the front blade is a major plus and so is the four door cab.

I looked at the photos pretty closely. It's newer than the two Tuckers I've had with front blades, but the mounting is completely different. I wonder if the blade was added later? The "housing" underneath the blades T-handle control doesn't look like Tucker, and I doubt they would hack up the square mesh (left side, front) to run hydraulic lines either.

Sometimes Tuckers go cheap at those auctions and perhaps that will sell for under $10K. But then again, there's probably a lot more interest in snow cats this time of year...

ScottMX68

pm me your email and Ill forward you the pics that were sent to me. Im getting ready to go out the door but if you hurry I will do it now

yalakom

that one at rbauction went for $20k, wasn't in great shape either - axles broken many times and doubt it was welded straight by the look of it. But would have been worth it if it went under $10k.... there's 1976 sedan model in Kamloops BC, he wants $20k but is open to offers... I'm not interested as it doesn't have a blade...