• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

BUGGER

daedong

I thought I had a safe bet. My wife is always nagging about going on an overseas holiday, so to shut her up I said if the Dollar gets to 90c US we will go to the USA.
For some time now our dollar has been on the rise, it was as low as about $0.50US. The bloody dollar just keeps rising, today it hit 88c and they are tipping it will make parity. So I must start asking you folks questions about what to see and do in the US.
What would be the best hand gun to bring:yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In America, the most popular handgun is probably the Colt 1911, you should be properly dressed when you arrive!

As for places to see. . . Disney World in Florida or Disneyland in California? The Seattle Space Needle (I've not seen it, but my wife just got back from there and said it was cool). Yellowstone if you like parks, its home to the geyser Old Faithful, which is clearly where Junkman gets his sexual inspiration as our resident geezer. Washington DC, in the capital area is an amazing place to see with the monuments and the Smithsonian Museum. Scattered around the DC area (within 100 miles or so) are lots of historic sites from the Revolutionary war. Wharf district in San Fransisco. Don't laugh, but New Orleans, while many areas are still destroyed from the Hurricane, still has the historic "Bourbon Street" area in tact as it did not get flooded.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't forget Boston, lots of history. Where we first told the Brits to "Get out!" Great walking town as well.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't forget Boston, lots of history. Where we first told the Brits to 'Get out!" Great walking town as well.
Bob, not to be nickpicky, but you forgot to recommend a gun for a tourist who doesn't want to feel inadequate while touring the US. :2gunsfiri

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good list Bob. I'll add to it:
Niagara Falls. Canadian side is best.
The Grand Canyon / Las Vegas & the Hoover Damn
San Francisco
Los Angeles, Venice Beach, Malibu
San Diego (I've never been there ...yet, but it comes highly recommended)
Boston is a very historic and scenic city that I've always enjoyed. (Legal's (sp) Seafood was a GREAT seafood restaurant there)

...and if you plan to stop anywhere in Ohio, let me know & we just might be able to hook up.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Manhattan (NYC) is pretty impressive and can be fun to experience but it is very expensive!

If I was going to recommend anything it would be a North - South Road trip of the east coast. There is so much stuff on the east coast and a lot of it is reasonably close (compared to the west coast) so you can do something new every day.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Monterey, California. Stay at The Inn at Spanish Bay. If your a Golfer Plan a week in Monterey. There are some of the best golf courses in the world just miles apart. Pebble Beach, Spy Glass, Poppy Hills, The Links at Spanish Bay plus some lesser known but very nice courses, Old Del Monte, Laguna Seca Bayonet ect ect. Then head down South to Disney Land and Universal studios. One day at Universal and depending on how many kids you have spend up to 4 days at Disney Land. Yosemite, Yellowstone, Las Vegas if you dont have kids. OH yah when your in Monterey drive down (South) on Highway 1 to San Simion and check out Huerts Castle (miss spelled but just ask) then from there hit Disneyland and then Universal studios. If no kids then hit Las Vegas. Yosemite and then Yellowstone. That just scratches the surface.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So I must start asking you folks questions about what to see and do in the US.
A lot of good suggestions so far. Before I spit any out, give me/us an idea of what you like to do or see? Also, how long would you be here?

What would be the best hand gun to bring:yum:
I didn't think you would be bringing one. If you want to purchase one when you get here, I'd suggest a Kimber Covert 1911 (.45 ACP)