• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stupid assholes who can't drive......

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
....and then take off with no note.

Having lunch with the wifey today and came back to the car to see this. Friggin asswipe shithead worthless slugs. Everybody makes mistakes, but they did this and took off. I was pissed to say the least.

dent1.jpg

dent2.jpg

The car is 8 years old and the clearcoat is super hard. I am an amateur body and fender geek and I have never seen clearcoat so hard and thick from the factory. It survived incredibly good. Most of the red paint came off literally with a damp paper towel. Nothing penetrated the clearcoat down to the base coat so it took to Nortons Exrtra Cut and my DA buffer to clean up the last of it.

However, the Nortons did nothing for the dent. That took some work and got 99% of it out with some old tricks I learned years ago but it is not perfect. It's a light refraction issue right now as there is little dent left but some wavy metal. I am still friggin pissed.

I know the other car is worse, much worse. They lost base coat, I did not. There is no silver paint on their car, just bare metal. For that I am happy as shit and I hope their car starts rusting immediately and falls apart in pieces, the shitheads.

dent3.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow.
:neutral:
I feel your anger.
Back in 94, my first hubby and I bought a brand new Mercury Villager.
To take the boys to their sports functions and our crew of Dachshunds to the vet.

I was shopping at a grocery store in Bryan, Ohio, just got all the bags put in the middle seating area, slid the door shut, got in to start the ignition and heard a thud on the right rear area.
Some woman hit me pulling out of her parking space, then took off like a bat out of hell.
I tried to chase her down to get a license number, but she lost me in the town traffic.
Grrrr
It was more of a nice dig than a dent.
Still... people can be careless and just plain stupid.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Wow.
:neutral:
I feel your anger.
Back in 94, my first hubby and I bought a brand new Mercury Villager.
To take the boys to their sports functions and our crew of Dachshunds to the vet.

I was shopping at a grocery store in Bryan, Ohio, just got all the bags put in the middle seating area, slid the door shut, got in to start the ignition and heard a thud on the right rear area.
Some woman hit me pulling out of her parking space, then took off like a bat out of hell.
I tried to chase her down to get a license number, but she lost me in the town traffic.
Grrrr
It was more of a nice dig than a dent.
Still... people can be careless and just plain stupid.

Yeah, stupid people who seem to be proud of the fact they are stupid. I was so pissed I would have wrung the SOB's neck and Brenda would have been bailing me out of jail. :th_lmao:

Well, worked some more on the dent to the best of my limited ability and I think I got 99.9% of it so this story has a happy ending. A small crease, near the edge of the quarter panel, that looks worse in the picture than in real life, but it requires some light hammer work and I am afraid it could actually shatter the clear coat it is so hard so I will count my blessings and leave well enough alone. Tomorrow a final buff with Nortons Liquid Ice medium cut, some Mcguiers wax and it will be good as new.

dent4.jpg

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
A dent would have been better than some ass hitting my car so hard in a parking lot that he ripped the front bumper right off !!

I park very carefully, now.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
A dent would have been better than some ass hitting my car so hard in a parking lot that he ripped the front bumper right off !!

I park very carefully, now.

I usually park very far away too. I joke I park so far away I need to take the bus in, but in this case the restaurant has limited parking in downtown Burlington. I friggin' hate Burlington, a liberal shithole. I found an end space and actually parked partially on the grass on the left side to allow more room for the assholes next to me. Good thing I did or it would have been much worse.

I told my wife today I hate people. She said tell me something I don't know.:th_lmao::th_lmao:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
looks like hit and run to me. report it . cameras are in most every larger lot now.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
No cameras. Checked. As for reporting it, a waste of time. I've learned over the years the police don't give a shit about fender benders.

Car is back to normal so alls well that ends well. Just the fact people are such assholes simply reinforces my negative opinion of them.