• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lima ohio Restaurant ?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup Dur!!
It's the gathering place often for myself and my family.. especially during the holidays when we don't want to mess with dishes to wash and all that hassle.

It's got a really cool atmosphere and the food is the bomb!

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yup Dur!!
It's the gathering place often for myself and my family.. especially during the holidays when we don't want to mess with dishes to wash and all that hassle.

It's got a really cool atmosphere and the food is the bomb!

Cool, thanks PG. I suppose it is usually a packed house then?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Mostly on Sundays and holidays.
During holidays they have the banquet rooms open-then it's a madhouse.
If you go during the week you'll be just fine.. even Saturdays haven't been that bad because Lima has so many good places to eat.

I think you'd love the food and the way it looks inside.
The booths are made of a heavy dark wood, with farm stuff on the walls.. etc.
Like I said, atmosphere.. and good food!

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
My sister sent me the link and i told her lets go there saturday. I probably wont get the buffet coz i just can't eat that much anymore. Cod sounds good to me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My sister sent me the link and i told her lets go there saturday. I probably wont get the buffet coz i just can't eat that much anymore. Cod sounds good to me.
I'm like you Dur.. even though I usually get the buffet, I can only manage 2 trips, because I do the salad/vegetables, pasta and breads first.
Then I go back and get fish (IF they have it that day--sometimes they don't on the buffet). If not, I get more veggies and then fruit.

They make everything fresh.
The mashed potatoes are REAL, everything is made right there except for a few of the dessert items, which come from Gordon Food Service.

I know this because my friend Jennifer used to work there.

If they have the mustard pickled eggs, you've got to try them (if you like that sort of thing).

I've never done breakfast there, but hear it's fabulous.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The menu sure looks good, and the prices are reasonable. Columbus had a restaurant that looked just like that barn. It had a different name and no buffet, but excellent food. It was a little pricier if I remember right ...and that was 10 plus years ago.
It was on the corner of Morse Rd. and Hamilton I think (on the east side of Columbus).

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
The menu sure looks good, and the prices are reasonable. Columbus had a restaurant that looked just like that barn. It had a different name and no buffet, but excellent food. It was a little pricier if I remember right ...and that was 10 plus years ago.
It was on the corner of Morse Rd. and Hamilton I think (on the east side of Columbus).

I don't get to Columbus much anymore since work has slowed so much. I used to go to the port columbus and rickenbacker airports for Honda quite a bit, but haven't been to either one in well over a year now. PG, i see there are two locations for that barn restaurant. Do you go to the one down town or on the west side on elm street?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

PG, i see there are two locations for that barn restaurant. Do you go to the one down town or on the west side on elm street?
Elm Street.
The one downtown is a smaller/newer place, I believe (have never been there and rarely go 'downtown' Lima).
In fact the last time I was downtown was going to White Wizard for my tattoo lol
I stick to 309 going in, the mall area, Bellefontaine Avenue.. in other words.. the outer parts of the central part of the city.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Another thing... if you decide to go to the Elm St. location, make sure you go across the street and visit The Andersons at the American Mall.
That's my favourite place to shop for everything. :D

Attachments

• american-mall-10.jpg
    american-mall-10.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 180
  • american-mall-01.jpg
    american-mall-01.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 174

lifesaver91958

Here's my favorite place to eat out... Ryans in Wichita, Kansas

ryans.jpg

300_47366.jpg

buffet.jpg
ryans_pic3.jpg
Lot's of good food to choose from and all you can eat for a low price.

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ate in Lima today at the old barn out back and was very happy with it. They had chicken, roast beef, and ham as the meat on the buffet so i just went ahead and got the buffet. Lots of good eating for only $7.99 for lunch. I only had water with lemon so that saved some money. I didn't eat any of the roast beef but my bil said it was the best roast beef he has ever eaten. Even made it over to andersons and spent a long time looking around in that place. lol Did you know the american mall is now closed PG? Have you ever heard of back 40 junction in Decatur , indiana? Another nice buffet to eat at.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ate in Lima today at the old barn out back and was very happy with it. They had chicken, roast beef, and ham as the meat on the buffet so i just went ahead and got the buffet. Lots of good eating for only $7.99 for lunch. I only had water with lemon so that saved some money. I didn't eat any of the roast beef but my bil said it was the best roast beef he has ever eaten. Even made it over to andersons and spent a long time looking around in that place. lol Did you know the american mall is now closed PG? Have you ever heard of back 40 junction in Decatur , indiana? Another nice buffet to eat at.
I know a lot of places in the American Mall were closing.
That place has gone to the dogs, but was once a pretty nice place.
The Andersons as you now know is actually attached to it.
Glad you liked it!! :smile:
The Mall I shop at is the one on 309/Elida Road. Macys, Sears etc... huge place.
YUP! The Back 40!! My God I haven't been there for years!