• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Does everyone know what today is?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Is it May Day? Naaahhhh....the Soviet Union is just a faint memory to enyone under the age of 25.

Is today some sort of political protest day having to do with the US immigration policy? Pfffttttt! What a crock of Sh*t.

Nope.

Today is SEÑOR DITCH DAY!!!! :pat:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The status of Dave's fly not withstanding, I figured I'd try to validate some things about ILLEGAL immigrants. Not just illegal Mexican immigrants, but illegals in general.

Here is what I found, I cannot vouch for it being completely accurate:

Myths and lies of illegal immigration

Articles
By Kathy McKee; January 4, 2004; published in The Sonoran News

Because the pro-illegal alien lobby has a bottomless pit of money and can hire PR people to spin (and fabricate) anything any way, there are an undue number of myths and lies that the public (and many politicians) has bought into. The FACTS are:

1. It is NOT racist to call these people "illegal aliens" In fact, "illegal aliens" is the only term used in federal laws and regulations to describe criminals (and they ARE criminals) who come into our country illegally. They are not illegal immigrants, not undocumented immigrants, not migrant workers, and not day laborers - they're ILLEGAL ALIENS.

2. Mexico is NOT a poor country. It has the fifth richest economy in the world, and by sending its teeming masses to our country, that status keeps on rising. Mexico has more resources per square mile than the U.S. and plenty of money to take care of its own people. Why should the taxpayers of this country subsidize Mexico's corruption?

3. Illegal aliens are NOT necessarily coming here to work. Lou Dobbs recently reported that 33 percent of our prison population is now comprised of non-citizens. Plus, 36 to 42 percent of illegal aliens are on welfare. So, for a good proportion of these people, the American dream is crime and welfare, not coming here to work.

4. Illegal aliens are NOT doing work Americans won't do. What jobs won't Americans do? In most states, Americans still clean their own houses, do their own landscaping, clean hotel rooms, work in restaurants and fast food places, paint houses, DO CONSTRUCTION WORK, work in airports, etc. - just like we have the past 200 years before "our" government allowed these people to invade our country. There are 18 million Americans who cannot find a job, so illegal aliens who are coming here to work do so at peril to American workers.

5. Illegal aliens absolutely do not contribute more than they cost. Certainly the millions in prison and on welfare aren't contributing a dime to our economy, and the ones who are working often are paid in cash with no deductions for taxes at all. The ones who use fraudulent social security numbers and qualify to pay taxes and social security have so many deductions for dependents that they pay little if any taxes. We have seen them pay less than $100 in taxes and get back $4,000 refunds (thanks to earned income tax credits and multiple dependents). The Center for Immigration Studies estimates that the average Mexican illegal alien costs U.S. taxpayers a whopping $55,000 each. Some bargain, eh?

6. The economy does NOT depend on illegal aliens. Sure, greedy CEOs (making $50 to $150 MILLION a year) and business owners depend on illegal aliens, but due to #3, #4 and #5 above, the only thing illegal aliens are contributing to is the collapse of our economy and making the rich richer.

7. Without illegal aliens, the price of agricultural products and other goods and services will NOT soar. The definitive study on this subject is the University of Iowa's "How Much Is That Tomato?" The study concludes that 'since labor is such a small component of the end-price of agricultural products (which includes price to the growers, transportation costs, processing /storage costs, grocers' profit, etc.), using minimum wage workers instead of illegal aliens would increase prices of agricultural products by approximately 3 percent in the summer and 4 percent in the winter ... hardly the making of $10 heads of lettuce, $25 hamburgers, $1,000 per night Days Inn hotel rooms like the pro-illegal alien lobby claims.

8. Consumers are NOT benefiting from lower labor costs. Again, it's CEOs and business owners who benefit from taxpayer subsidies for their illegal alien workers. The Big Three automakers say they moved so many jobs to Mexico because their labor costs are 80 percent less than in America. Anybody notice the price of new cars spiraling downward under NAFTA?

So, before you believe the prevalent pack of lies perpetuated by the illegal alien lobby, which makes billions off this government-sanctioned criminal activity, ask yourself who's saying this garbage and look at what they have to gain. Citizens Against Illegal Immigration, just like Protect Arizona NOW, is an all-volunteer, totally grass-roots organization of citizens who are making nothing and have nothing personal to gain from their efforts to fight this corruption. Whose side are you on, and what are YOU doing to save your state and country from this evil?

McKee is the state coordinator of Citizens Against Illegal Immigration, as well as director of Protect Arizona NOW. A former Quaker Sunday School teacher and Volunteer of the Year in a large metropolitan area, she has a 35-year record of charity work and philanthropy largely benefiting minorities.

Dutch-NJ

AMEN

........... and our so-called political leaders, courts, and apathetic citizens are to blame. PERIOD.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Any business owner caught using this labor should be heavily fined. That business is saving on what they are paying the worker, plus they get out of paying workmans comp, SS tax, benefits and probably more that I'm forgetting right now.
I am shocked at the 33% number in our jails. That is outragious!
Good post Bob.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc said:
Any business owner caught using this labor should be heavily fined. That business is saving on what they are paying the worker, plus they get out of paying workmans comp, SS tax, benefits . . .

It is my understanding that a very large % of the illegal aliens are "domestic" help. Therefore it is not just 'business owners' who are to blame, and they are not the only ones who should be singled out and fined. If you employ an illegal immigrant as a housekeeper, gardener, etc then you should be subject to the same fines as an employer. JMO but if you, as an individual, are a big part of the problem, then you as an individual should bear a very large burden and businesses should not bear anything different. The employer, regardless of if it is a homeowner or a local restaurant or a farmer, should bear equal burden.

Dutch-NJ

Doc said:
Any business owner caught using this labor should be heavily fined. That business is saving on what they are paying the worker, plus they get out of paying workmans comp, SS tax, benifits and probably more that I'm forgetting right now.
I am shocked at the 33% number in our jails. That is outragious!
Good post Bob.
That's the law right now. IRCA requires every employer to verify the work authorization for each non-exempt employee within three (3) days of hire, or be heavily fined, and maybe jailed.

The problem is, the law isn't being enforced.

What would you do if you owned a business and were paying your legal employees $20 per hour (and paid benefits), and your competition employed illegal aliens and paid them $10 per hour (and didn't pay benefits)?

You complained to the government, but the government just laughed at you.

What would you do?

Just another example of our leaders and government failing us, AGAIN.

BTW - Did you know if you own a business and ask for proof of legal citizenship, you can be sued? And the courts have ruled in favor of the employee you questioned.

Just another example of our courts failing us, AGAIN.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
It is my understanding that a very large % of the illegal aliens are "domestic" help. Therefore it is not just 'business owners' who are to blame, and they are not the only ones who should be singled out and fined. If you employ an illegal immigrant as a housekeeper, gardener, etc then you should be subject to the same fines as an employer. JMO but if you, as an individual, are a big part of the problem, then you as an individual should bear a very large burden and businesses should not bear anything different. The employer, regardless of if it is a homeowner or a local restaurant or a farmer, should bear equal burden.

I agree 100% Bob. Anyone employing an illegal should pay the price for breaking the law.
It appears the law is already in place, why not enforce it?

All this hoopla about it has opened my eyes to how many of the illegals are already here. :eek: I think all this attention is going to backfire on them big time.

Dutch-NJ

B_Skurka said:
Ever hear of Nannygate? How about Zoe Baird, Kimba Wood, William H. Kennedy III, Bernard Kerik, the list goes on and on.

Elected officials and nominees for public office hire plenty of illegal help themselves.

It's a national disgrace....................