• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How Many Guitar Players Are Prowling These Pages?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Top photo Koa?
Bottom photo flamed Maple?
Spruce on the top of both?

Regardless I like the top photo better than the bottom. Just my preference.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Good guess. Yes. The top is koa and the bottom flamed maple. I'm leaning towards the top. It's an ebay auction so I'll most likely be getting it half price of what it goes for in the store here. Comes with a hard case. I'm leading the auction right now but wont go any higher than my current bid. If someone else wants to pay more they can. I have another on standby in my watchlist for the same price.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I just ordered the koa taylor. Up here it retails for $2200. Which is about four times what I've paid for a guitar in the past. I got it for a steel. Can't wait to hear how it sounds. I'll probably have this one for many years since as far as guitars go Taylor is a top brand.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I pick up my new guitar tonight. It turns out that it was owned by an up and coming Christian artist named Mitch Langley out of the Kansas area. When I got the receipt it had his name on it. Turns out he has four albums already and does professional performances and concerts. His style is very similar to mine. We ended up exchanging emails and he sent me copies of some of his music for me to use in church. Some of his youtube videos have him playing the guitar I bought on stage in front of hundreds.

f60bf725b9b7a2d8a1fefc5bf84b3a56.jpg
6975be2ac623d4e19c974b7f9bc03545.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sweet history! If he becomes famous the value of that guitar will go way up too. In the mean time enjoy playing it.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks HUGE, then again I'm used to looking at a Uke. But my daughter plays a Spanish style guitar and her's looks like it would be dwarfed by your guitar. Is the body of that Taylor extra large? Or is it just my eyes and frame of reference?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Its actually a medium sized body as far as acoustics go. My dreadnaught is bigger and the jumbo I sold is much bigger.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Man o man. I can finally understand why the performing musicians buy expensive guitars. I mean, I used to think that my old Takamine and Epiphone jumbo sounded good and played good. That was until I bought this Taylor. The old saying goes...you get what you pay for. This guitar plays so nice and has such a sweet sound. I've had it less than a week and it's already made me a better player in that I can play longer since the setup is so nice. The action is lower than most electric guitars I've played.

Everyone at the church keep coming up to me and commenting on how sweet it sounds.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So the quest continues.....

I've always had a desire/curiosity for an ovation but wanted a good one. I stumbled across this beauty on ebay for cheap. In the stores up here itd sell for well over $1000. The one I'm looking at is MUCH less than that. Only because someone bought it. Didn't like it then returned it with a broken string and some minor pick scratches.

c21776ba5e6d32c8113b48277232aa45.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Yep. The way I see it is if I'm gonna be sitting at home in pain most days I may as well have a hobby I enjoy. [emoji12]

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I have been taking lessons again.

I mostly play on a Martin acoustic, or a Mosrite Celebrity elecrict/acoustic(a good quality copy of Gibson ES335 like BB King played). The Mosrite is a mid-1960's Celebrity, made in Bakersfield, Ca. The neck on it is wonderful!

I've always been a fan of the Gibson ES series guitars.

I have to say though, that recently I have been very impressed watching Youtubes of Charo playing Flamenco style. She is an amazing guitarist... Have thought about try Flamenco. Maybe.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's great. I've never tried that style either.

Here's today's song for me. I have a binder started of the recent songs I've been working on. This will show you what style I've been playing lately.
(btw. Looks like he's playing the same guitar as me)
https://youtu.be/wI-K7D0af4Q

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I scored another deal on ebay today. It's a takamine gn93ce. It's upper mid range as far as quality and price.

I first played a takamine about 20 years ago and immediately fell in love with the sound. I knew eventually I'd have one. I bought my first one about 5 years ago as a reward to myself for finally ditching the ex. It was my main home guitar and sounded and played awesome. I pained me to sell it last month to fund the Taylor. I went on ebay the other day and searched for a takamine. This one just spoke to me. After reading a few reviews and watching some sound demos on YouTube, I threw in a low bid on it and won. Its a gn93ce.
2c3e25c5fd5f536f81e5f4a0ab0809b3.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I finally got to the border on friday to pick up my new guitar. She's a beauty. I love the wood bindings on the body and neck. Nice high gloss finish. My taylor still sounds and looks purdy but she's got competition now. The taylor does sound and play better and it should considering it costs about 1k more.

But for a basic home guitar to leave on the stand the takamine is perfect. I like the smaller grand auditorium body vs the bigger dreadnaught bodystyle. I do have a couple of them as well though. Today's task will be to find a soft case for the tak. It does fit the taylor case perfectly as they are almost identical in size. But I want a lighter case to transport the taylor to and from the church weekly.
0b19d147f637d15b5f896d66156143ed.jpg
aaa8af290922a9d33e86e2e6ea7ce1de.jpg
3108525cfaeb6e8184f70e041d45b569.jpg

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I noticed a Takamine Ukulele for sale on Amazon the other day.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This is my second takamine. They make quality instruments for a great price.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So somehow I sold 4 of my 8 guitars in the past couple months but still have 6. So much for thinning the herd. Lol. The things are multiplying almost as fast as I can sell them. Lmao

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Different sounds need different guitars :smile:

One for sacred music
one for jazzy music
one for country music
one for classical music
And the list goes on :w00t2:

So somehow I sold 4 of my 8 guitars in the past couple months but still have 6. So much for thinning the herd. Lol. The things are multiplying almost as fast as I can sell them. Lmao

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
How'd you guess? Lol. Actually it's more like one is my main stage guitar. One for at home. One for at camp. A 12 string. One as a teaching guitar for the kids. And one I'm still in the middle of building.

I still want to ad an ovation to the stable eventually.