• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I did an hour workout. Did some cleaning. Went to check the mail at the convenience store down the street. Now trying to talk myself into heading to the garage to tackle the brake cylinders on my son's car as I needed a special reverse torx wrench and they just came in the mail.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We'll, guess what? At 11:30 there was a peel of thunder, a flash of lightening and the rain started. It's rained pretty darned hard for about 30 minutes. I better go get some lunch and then a nap. There's not much outside work being done here today.

Typical Texas weather.

Few days ago clear sun shiny 84 degrees. Today drizzle 25 mph wind and 38 degrees.

:hammer:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Sneaked into work today. It was like stepping into a flock of pigeons!

Everyone scattered. Like I had the plague or something.

What I do have is hay fever/asthma.

I haven't been here for a week. I needed to stop by and water all the office plants. It was nice to see everything running well and all of the staff still in good health. What was even better was the shipping log was full of outgoing. The receiving log was also full. So is the warehouse.

Good staff, good business, all running like a well trained, motivated and well oiled machine. Captain Franc is, for all purposes, aDunsel on his own ship.

I'm liking it.:thumbup:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My son was at Rural King to purchase what ammo he could find. He got lucky, on the .223 they had a two box limit but on brand, (Aguila) had 300 rounds per box.

Whilst there, he witnessed a greedy guy grabbing the last four packages of TP. And older woman asked if she could have just one of them. "Please sir, I only came here for some Toilet Paper." He refuses citing "survival of the fittest" The Store manager happened to witness the event and intervened.

First he removed the TP from the asshat's cart and then told him "he would not sell him anything." Banned him from the store. The customer then left quite angry.

Then came the best part. The manager handed the older woman the TP and said " here ya go, no charge ma'am."
:clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I did an hour workout. Did some cleaning. Went to check the mail at the convenience store down the street. Now trying to talk myself into heading to the garage to tackle the brake cylinders on my son's car as I needed a special reverse torx wrench and they just came in the mail.
Got one side done brakes put back together. Not a big job but a tight spot to get into.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
After the 30 minute downpour, it settled down to a light drizzle for the rest of the day. The thing is as the front came through the temperature dropped 25°F and is still edging on down. It's supposed to get down to 45°F by morning. That's a 30°drop. It's supposed to keep on raining for the next week but there's only a 20% chance of rain on Wednesday. I'm excited by that. Why? I don't know but the chance of a day without rain would be a pleasant change.

So, what did I do today? Not much and the chances of breaking a sweat in the next week aren't good either.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Day 21 of keeping the kids locked down at home. We've been out but only for groceries and mail. And I still go into the city once a week to play music at the church for the online livestream service. Just me, another band member, our minister, and someone filming. All keeping the 6ft distance between us.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Sneaked into work today. It was like stepping into a flock of pigeons!

Everyone scattered. Like I had the plague or something.

What I do have is hay fever/asthma.

I haven't been here for a week. I needed to stop by and water all the office plants. It was nice to see everything running well and all of the staff still in good health. What was even better was the shipping log was full of outgoing. The receiving log was also full. So is the warehouse.

Good staff, good business, all running like a well trained, motivated and well oiled machine. Captain Franc is, for all purposes, aDunsel on his own ship.

I'm liking it.:thumbup:

You were smart enough to set everything up so that it is running like a Swiss watch. Now you are smart enough to leave that watch alone and let it run and not try to wind it 15 times a day.

My son was at Rural King to purchase what ammo he could find. He got lucky, on the .223 they had a two box limit but on brand, (Aguila) had 300 rounds per box.

Whilst there, he witnessed a greedy guy grabbing the last four packages of TP. And older woman asked if she could have just one of them. "Please sir, I only came here for some Toilet Paper." He refuses citing "survival of the fittest" The Store manager happened to witness the event and intervened.

First he removed the TP from the asshat's cart and then told him "he would not sell him anything." Banned him from the store. The customer then left quite angry.

Then came the best part. The manager handed the older woman the TP and said " here ya go, no charge ma'am."
:clap::clap::clap:

Quite honestly, on one hand that asshat deserved a punch in the face for that. On the other hand he was certainly not worth the manager's job.

God bless that manager for doing the right thing. Often times these stores just let people get away with murder, whether it is cutting in line or taking 100 items to the speedy checkout. It is good to see when someone steps up and does the right thing.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Day 23 for us. The sun is coming out and supposed to be in the mid 50's.

Wife wants to go for a walk later. I have to get out and get my ass moving. Time to get the patio and deck furniture out of winter storage.

The vet visit went well yesterday and got out of there for $47 bucks. Sophie, our Yorkie is happy. :clap:

Gas is now $1.89 at the local store. Both vehicles are basically full of gas. I did manage to drive my truck 18 miles round trip to the vet. I paid $2.49 the last time I filled both rigs about 3 weeks ago. :th_lmao:

Stay safe, stay healthy. Keep the Faith.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
we plan to do some more shooting today if we can beat the rain coming today.
I think I will set the wife up on 30 carbine ( low recoil, lite, easy to aim and accurate ) the last shoot I had to put the scope on the 22 as she was having trouble with sight picture with it. The carbine has aperture sights and should be easier to get on target for her. I think I will shoot my Winchester 1886 in 45/70.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
7Often times these stores just let people get away with murder, whether it is cutting in line or taking 100 items to the speedy checkout.

My niece just quit her job at a Kroger close to Dacula, Georgia for that very reason. She said that she was tired of almost being knocked over every day when she opened the store and literally hundreds of people rushed in. She said that the store has 150 shopping carts and all of them are on the floor within 10 minutes of opening and no one pays any attention to the old person shopping hour. She was tired of being foul mouthed, cursed at and called a racist for telling people that they can't buy that much of an item. She said, "To hell with it, it's not worth the stress and the pain".

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
If it weren't for the current situation, I'd have gone to Palm Sunday mass.
Son Jeff told me the churches in Defiance are having drive up communion?
Not sure if that's the case, or if he heard it from someone blowing smoke.

Another quiet day.
I've vacuumed and dusted, talked to the kiddos and will find something to do when I'm not browsing the social media crapola.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's about the same as yesterday, not actually raining but overcast, damp and dismal. I can't see much being done today either.

Like TR, I really need to my butt out of this chair and do something, anything.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Corned beef hash with 2 eggs for breakfast.

Watched the Palm Sunday mass on TV (actually tuned in late)

Hung up a new yarn spindle rack (of my own design) on the wall in the family/play room for the lovely Mrs_Bob and Melen so they can organize their yarn.

Kind of sore in the shoulders and upper arms, not sure why. Its pretty cool today so I'll probably just stay inside the house. Garden work tomorrow, but probably not today. 3 Ibuprofen don't seem to be helping too much.

I did start up the bread machine but I was informed I did it wrong, so not sure if we will get a loaf of bread or a lump of bread when its done.

Also making some chicken noodle soup for later. That is already on the cooktop simmering.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Our church streamed the palm Sunday mass live on our webpage. Then our minister was out on the street in front of the church. People could drive up, get a blessing from 6 ft away, then another lady from the church who was further up the road was handing out the palm reeds using a fishing rod with a string and a clothespin to hold them so you could grab them. They did the same thing yesterday at the service I played but I was inside playing background music for the live feed until she came back in. We drove in for the blessing just to get out of the house as a family.

Bannedjoe

I'm mentally, physically, and emotionally drained from the last week or two.
I'm behind on the work I wanted to do, that I spent on the dumb kid.

But I'm probably not gonna do crap today.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Made a fat Reuben for lunch.

20200405_105914-1152x1152.jpg

Now I'm going to try to find something to watch on Tubi or Pluto.
Anything but the news.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Missouri is going on statewide lock down tonight at midnight. Even though I have a pass as an essential industry exec, I well honor it. However, I need two pieces of Hardy Board so I can finish the bedroom bump out. I'm on my way out the door right now.

I doubt siding is essential but the Lowes's is open and have some on the shelf. I'll also get some primer paint.

I plan to use the siding project, and the back fence replacement, to fill my time at home next week.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
watching a walking dead marathon. Earlier after eating I cleaned the carbine the wife shot yesterday. I cleaned the 1886 yesterday due to the blackpowder.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, this is getting really bad.

When one of the highlights of your day is pulling on your "get dressed to go to town jeans" to see if they still fit, things are getting really bad. I've lived in sweats and work pants for the past three weeks.

When one of the highlights of your day is eating a couple of chili dogs for lunch, things are getting really bad. We cooked up two dozen Wieners because … we could. We have 20 left but I'll nibble on them next week.

The sun did break through for about 15 minutes today. I was glad to see that it was still up there. My wife and I went out and stood in the driveway and relished the rays. The dogs loved it too. They were starting to get webbed feet and waddle like a duck.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I did find a movie to watch.
Aaron Spelling used to produce and direct those thrillers that were made for tv in the 70s.
I watched A Taste Of Evil, with Barbara Stanwyck and Roddy McDowall.
Creepy! Lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Did an hour workout this morning. Went out to clean the dog kennel. (How bad is that when I get excited about cleaning up dog poop because it gets me outside?)

We got the kids started with their homeschooling. It's being done through Google classroom. The teacher posts assignments on there and they have to go on and complete them.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Did an hour workout this morning. Went out to clean the dog kennel. (How bad is that when I get excited about cleaning up dog poop because it gets me outside?)

We got the kids started with their homeschooling. It's being done through Google classroom. The teacher posts assignments on there and they have to go on and complete them.

Will an ipad work or does it have to run windows?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It works on an ipad or windows computer. Our main issue is a terrible internet connection. On average we get 2-3 mbps download speed. And that's the best we can get out here. If someone farts 10 miles away we get disconnected.

Status
Not open for further replies.