• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Protested abortions in front of Planned Parenthood today and then snacks and visited with these friends and like-minded people across the street at Gabriel's Corner. Gabriel's Corner is a place my buddy opened up to council women who are unsure about whether or not they want abortions. Lives have been saved by him and his wife.

Protest in front of PP.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Protested abortions in front of Planned Parenthood today ...

I get called a 'science denier' when I question "climate change" but people who support abortion know that they are killing a child despite the fact that scientists consider a mold spore on Mars to be 'life' :hammer:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I get called a 'science denier' when I question "climate change" but people who support abortion know that they are killing a child despite the fact that scientists consider a mold spore on Mars to be 'life' :hammer:

Amazing, isn't it?! Crack an eagle egg and the same people would go nuts, yet they are programmed to encourage murdering preborn kids!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Amazing, isn't it?! Crack an eagle egg and the same people would go nuts, yet they are programmed to encourage murdering preborn kids!

Awesome what you did there, Lenny!
And, you are so right.

I've got today off, all to myself.
Gonna enjoy every minute.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Home from camp to help prepare Thanksgiving dinner. We had a big potluck Turkey dinner at camp yesterday. The lovely missus came home with the kids after supper while I stayed to close things up this morning.

This morning started earlier than planned. I finally crawled my drunken butt into bed around 1am. By 5am things were getting cool inside the camper as the last of the propane was used up. It snowed overnight and temperatures fell to below freezing.

So I admitted defeat at 6am and began packing up all the food. By 8 am I had everything loaded and had the sewage tank empty. I wrapped up the outdoor kitchen with a tarp yesterday. As it snowed, I couldn't bring in the slides so I'll head back out this week sometime to finish putting it to bed for the winter.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Awesome what you did there, Lenny!
And, you are so right.

I've got today off, all to myself.
Gonna enjoy every minute.

I hope you have a great day off!

I have friends who are in medical professions. Part of their oath/contract is to SAVE lives. Abortions are such a conflict of interest?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you Lenny and yes, conflict of interest.

The pledge/oath includes:

To do no harm and devote ourselves to the welfare of those committed to our care.

Some of us take those words very seriously.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
The pledge/oath includes:

To do no harm and devote ourselves to the welfare of those committed to our care.

Some of us take those words very seriously.

Pirate, thanks for the information! I will use it if appropriate. I've been interviewed by the medias a handful of times over the years. I'd love it if a reporter showed up some time during the 40 Days For Life, but I don't think they will. :(

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, went to the field this morning, upon my return I started the big clean up and tool organization after the engine build and install, got about 75% done. Marty

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Going on a road trip for the day with a friend, her mentally handicap sister and their 90 year old mother. Typically around 200 miles. We'll go to Omaha, NE for lunch and a place we all like, then south to some delta areas of rivers, then some small towns and then come back on the Iowa of the Missouri River to look at some of the current flood damage that started in the Spring.

My friend and her family really look forward to these, which are typically 3 or 4 times a month and that is a good thing.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Going on a road trip for the day with a friend, her mentally handicap sister and their 90 year old mother. Typically around 200 miles. We'll go to Omaha, NE for lunch and a place we all like, then south to some delta areas of rivers, then some small towns and then come back on the Iowa of the Missouri River to look at some of the current flood damage that started in the Spring.

My friend and her family really look forward to these, which are typically 3 or 4 times a month and that is a good thing.

I know that area, I was born in Omaha lived in Plattsmouth until moving to MI when 8 yrs. old. Still have family in Council Bluffs. Sounds like a nice little ride. Marty

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Working on the compostable spoons and wrap line today. WE have yet to find a compatible paper material for wrapping. However, that is the easy part of the project because someone, somewhere , has the structure I need. I just have to find them.

I still cannot fold the darn things at the speeds we need. So today I'm starting over with the apparatus involved.

We have been at this everyday for three months. It has one of my most productive lines tied up doing nothing but keeping me awake at night. If I don't have success by the end of this week, I'm cancelling the project altogether.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So far I made a BLT for breakfast.

Working later this afternoon.
No More 12 hour shifts!!
No no no no no..:hammer:

20191015_092659-768x768.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
After the kids left for school I went out to drag the lawn with the lawn sweeper I picked up over the weekend. It works good. I had intended to just try it out for a couple passes to see how it works. Three hours later I had dragged the whole lawn and emptied 8 loads of leaves and grass. Sure beats raking. The sweeper has a bar with teeth on the front that scratches and ararates the lawn. Followed by a rotating drum with stiff bristles that sweeps everything into the catcher.
2258863cb02b78b5020ea0f89fdd9110.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went up to our "flip house" and loaded up my tools into the pick up to bring them home. Unloaded and put the tools, materials, etc away. Now I'm resting a bit before I head off to the local high school for fencing practice.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I know that area, I was born in Omaha lived in Plattsmouth until moving to MI when 8 yrs. old. Still have family in Council Bluffs. Sounds like a nice little ride. Marty

Had a good ride.....200 miles.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Got a surprise at work yesterday.
Michael Jackson was in the house.
Lol

This guy was good, the residents loved him.
20191016_091716.jpg

20191016_091652.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Walter the female rescue 'Walter Terrier' is overdue for shots.

So that will be this morning.

Afternoon is high school fencing practice. Evening is beginner fencing class.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I have today off!
Nice cool day in store.
I'm doing as little as possible.
Will however make a nice dinner.

Ty stopped by on his way back from a tow in Bowling Green and brought me a Dunkin Donuts coffee.

Got the local radio station on.
Seems the GM strike is over.
So Defiance peeps will be doing the happy dance.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Saw my foot doctor today. He's middle aged crabby SOB, but his office is two blocks from my house. I see him every three months or so for treatments.

Today I found out he moved to Oregon and met his replacement. A stunning young blonde. I think I'm going to increase my treatment schedule.

If only she could replace my urologist.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Busy day today. Up at 6. Kids gone by 7:30. I headed to the garage to spend a couple hours cleaning up and organizing.

I then loaded up the small riding mower, push mower, and trimmer in the trailer and headed to town to the old house to mow the hay field that took over the lawn.

I came back and worked on an older riding mower I inherited last week and got it running.

I put away all the cushions and pillows for the patio furniture.

I started waxing the canoe I bought last week.

Apparently we're going out for supper so I've been told.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Years ago I bought a running 8N Ford tractor from a guy who fixes 'em up. Cosmetically Ugly but ran well with good compression on all four cylinders .

It has been parked in my lot for two years idle. It came with implements, brush hog and a 5' grading blade. I have $2,500 tied up in it.

Yesterday we put in a new battery and after cleaning the carburetor fired it up. Amazingly it started and ran well but the oil has antifreeze in it. Apparently the seller did not have the coolant down to -20 F. My bad as I didn't check.

So, I'm looking at another project on the list. Likely a block exchange.

Damn!

In comes an employee's husband who wanted the tractor but has no money to buy it outright. He has wanted it since I brought it home but never had the cash.

So I gave it to him with the stipulation that I get it back when he dies. If I know this guy, it will be pulling a plow or a brush hog for him by Thanksgiving.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Today is a dependent day. What I do is all dependent on if I can walk. With the weather change and it being colder, my legs have been giving out on me quite frequently. It took me 10 minutes this morning to walk to the kitchen from the bedroom using two canes for support. We went out for a foster parent appreciation dinner last night. Halfway through supper, my legs cramped up so much that I had to get up from the table in order to release it. Picture a severe Charlie horse accompanied by a total loss of strength.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Today I’m meeting with one of my favorite former fencers, she is home for fall break. So coffee at 10:00am with her. Dinner tonight with my brother. Nothing else planned.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Harvesting soybeans.
Weather has us weeks behind. I hope harvest of corn is done by Thanksgiving. Usually we are finishing up by the first of November.
Not this year or last however. The weather has made a mess of the last 2 growing seasons. The upper Midwest is way behind.

Regards, Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies.