• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Can you name this snow cat?

snypr

I want one of these....but I dont know what make, model, year etc....

I like it because of its size and apparent top speed. Looks much faster than an IMP....

Any ideas?

Here is a video:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39V_rvZ7rJs"]Chenille Ã* VENDRE !!! - YouTube[/ame]

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I want one of these....but I dont know what make, model, year etc....

I like it because of its size and apparent top speed. Looks much faster than an IMP....

Any ideas?

Here is a video:
Chenille Ã* VENDRE !!! - YouTube

It is simular to a Bombardier Bombi in size. It sounds like it has a diesel engine and is hydrostatic drive tracks are like the summer tracks on a Bombi and the sprockets are
like that also. I would guess it is a one off build and not a production machine

Cletis

As short as the tracks are on that Cat, I bet I'd need motion sickness pills before taking a ride!!!

Cletis

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
when i worked for the city of aanchorage we had some old bombie sw machines that were hydro and scooted around pretty quick this kind of looks like one with a wider cab

snypr

when i worked for the city of aanchorage we had some old bombie sw machines that were hydro and scooted around pretty quick this kind of looks like one with a wider cab

I didnt think that the SW machines would float on snow, I thought that they were only for plowing. Is this correct or did they make a wide track for it?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i wouldn't call what that thing is doing floating on the snow but they would certainly be able to travel where wheels can't go you could also install wider tracks like bombi tracks the one thing that looks kind of funky is the width of the tub it seems kind of narrow

snypr

Oh ok, I thought that they ran touching the ground (just for plowing)...
yea, that thing is narrow.....