• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bought a chainsaw

k-dog

I didn't really need a chainsaw and was planning on buying a small cheap Poulan but I ran accross a deal I couldn't refuse. A guy that goes to our church had a Stihl MS310 (I think that is the number). It has a 20" bar and a 59cc motor. He used it to cut down 3 trees. The deal came with the saw, case, 2 extra Stihl chains, Stihl bar oil, Gas can with a gallon of gas mixed up, an extra bottle of gas mix and the book. The saw looks brand new and the bar has no wear on it. It starts easy. All of this for $300.

My my old man burns wood so I figure he'll use it more than I will, but now I have a saw when I need it:clap:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
As far as I am concerned Stihl is the finest saw made ! It should last a life time .Enjoy!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That particular Stihl model isn't safe. It has sharp thingy's on it and you can hurt yourself. I'd strongly suggest you get rid of it for something different. I'll take it off your hands for you :)

Kidding aside, that's a great find! The saw alone, not counting the goodies is probably close to $400.

k-dog

That particular Stihl model isn't safe. It has sharp thingy's on it and you can hurt yourself. I'd strongly suggest you get rid of it for something different. I'll take it off your hands for you :)

Kidding aside, that's a great find! The saw alone, not counting the goodies is probably close to $400.

Don't worry, I saw those sharp thingy's on the saw and took the angle grinder and rounded off all the sharp edges. Now it is a lot safer:biggrin:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good job :thumb:

Say, if you find it cuts too slow for you, I may be interested. I'm old and in no hurry so if it cuts slowly, that's my pace. :whistling: