• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Micro Cell extreme rain/wind yesterday evening

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Weather forcast said scattered thunderstorms would move through the area.

I went to the fencing club, which is in the basement of a large medical building. At that point it was not raining, no wind blowing, etc.

2 hours later I come out and the sky is orange, really odd cloud formations, and obviously there had been a lot of rain in a short time.

Start driving south and it was obvious that there was MORE rain farther south. Pulled off the main roadway into the side roads and every side road I took on the way home had at least 1 place where water was running across the roadway. Fields were flooded and looked like lakes. Got home and the swimming pool and patio around it were under water. Water was flowing down our walkway like it was a river.

Got out a long pool hose and started pumping water down the hill toward the woods.

Don't know how much rain we got. It was more than enough :hammer:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Saw that band on radar. Much like we had this past weekend. It moved real slow and dumped a lot of rain in 24 hours.

Leni

We had rain the other day. Surprised the heck out of me. It's way past our rainy season.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I have not walked the property becuase its too wet to walk in some areas. There is standing water in all the lower parts, but we did find 2 trees that snapped in half, both broke about 10' up off the ground, both were about 20-25' tall.

It is probably a safe bet to presume there are more broken trees on the property but its a low priority to go find them right now.

I had A LOT of debris in the swimming pool. Lots of locust leaves, the closest locust tree is about 100' away on the other side of several maple trees ... but no maple leaves in the pool!?!

The pool patio is cut into a hillside and the retaining wall was bleeding water from the upper level lawn area down onto the pool deck, which helped flush bark chips and debris into the pool. The pool, due to the heavy rain, filled up to the patio level. When we went out to instpect for damage there was water running off the pool patio and it was 1" deep on the patio! WTF? MUCH DRIER TODAY.

Got the pool pumped out enough so that the skimmer is now working again to catch the floating leaves and debris. Also vaccuumed up the debris that sank. Clogged the pool filter, so that is changed (I have 2 and alternate them so 1 is always clean, ready to be swapped in). Patio chairs are all upright and in their proper places again. Cushions are soaked, but drying out in the sun.

On the bright side the grass is too wet to mow so I can put off that chore

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw it moving across Northern Indiana last night.
Somehow that system stayed north of here and didn't drop down.

That said, tomorrow afternoon into the evening may get a little hairy around here.
We're due for some severe weather, so I can freak out and head for the hills.

:yum:

P.S.-... it's been hotter than hell here today.
We hit 90, and it's still 71 and very humid out there. :hammer:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We got hit again last night. Storm did not last all that long but the wind took out a lot of trees and powerlines. We were in the dark from a little after 6 till almost 1 am. There were thousands in the dark in our county and others east of here.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You'll probably want to chlorine shock that pool.

Salt water pool, run by computer. Amazing how trouble free it is after you get it set up at the start of the year. Water is still crystal clear, despite the rain and debris.

As long as I keep fishing out the debris its an idiot proof pool. And I am the king of idiots so I know of what I speak:hammer: