• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2 Kristis for sale CO

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
I saw these sitting in the guy's yard about a month ago.

"Snowcat - $6000 (Meeker)
I have two Kristi snowcats for sale one is a 1962 the other is a 1963. One runs and drives good to go needs restored. The other I don't know anything about never messed with it. Only 180 ever built asking $6000 obo for the pair. I will have pictures soon"

https://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/5441112780.html

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Bobcat better get over there before some snot trac owner picks them up for a kristy crushing exibition

rdynes01

I'm going to put my amateur shrink hat on and theorize that the way some people constantly bash Kristis, secretly, late at night , hiding under his bedsheets, with all the lights off, he quietly moans to himself " I wish I had a Kristi of my own, I really do".......just sayin.:sad:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No question that Snow Trac owners would love to own a Kristi too.

With Snow Trac's being such capable and desirable machines, we need something to chain them to so they don't get stolen.

Sort of like anchoring a boat :whistling:

rdynes01

Good one, I like the nautical reference but would anchor a Snow Trac to a Kristi to keep it from theft or simply to keep it from sinking in deep snow?:brows:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
as a closet kristi curious human.... I can confidently state I have seen a kristi move on its own power.

Now,

With that said. I am yet to see a krist make a complete round trip.

Of course if you count onto the trailer and off the trailer I have seen that condition.

Not on the same trip of course but I have indeed observed a Krist drive onto a trailer.
drive off of a trailer.

Hell I have even seen one make an approach to a parking spot.

they are quite capable.

If one way short trips are your thing. Hike, SKi is a thing. so snow cat Hike is a thing too....

rdynes01

I completely agree. Any snowcat with wood grousers is cool in my book. They had some pretty neat features for their era such as using fiberglass and their self leveling system. And considering they were a relatively small manufacturer just up the road from me in Broomfield you just have to give them props. i'm just saying if you are going to bash a cool old snowcat do it with facts not the kind of goofy remarks we all heard in high school.:w00t2:

AdkSnowcat

There are photos in the Kristi ad now! The one machine looks quite good! It has the two exhaust pipes. Does that mean it has the Porsche engine?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Why hasn't someone bought them yet? Seems like a good deal.

I would take a Kristi under my roof for the right price and the entertainment value if it was close.

Haven't heard of a Kristi back east.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Why hasn't someone bought them yet? Seems like a good deal.

I would take a Kristi under my roof for the right price and the entertainment value if it was close.

Haven't heard of a Kristi back east.
hey isn't that like bringing a dog home from the bar because you had too much to drink