• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Breakfast?

Mama

Biscuits and sausage gravy was last weekend. :smile: We had company spend the night last weekend and they love biscuits and gravy so that's what I made along with country fried steak, eggs and hash browns. They had to take a nap before they left :yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Heck, with a spread like that I would need a nap too! Have not treated myself to breakfast out for a while but I may when I go for blood work. The one place is on my way and they make a decent breakfast with lots of fried taters.:clap:

Mama

I received an email yesterday from the Food Director of Southern Living magazine and they want to put MY multi-grain and granola pancakes recipe in the May 2013 edition of the magazine :w00t2:.....I'm pretty excited!

I made them for breakfast this morning along with bacon and scrambled eggs. Wish I had remembered to pick up some fresh blueberries to put in them when I was out yesterday....it takes them to a whole 'nother level!

Attachments

• breakfast02232013.jpg
    breakfast02232013.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 120

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I made bacon and eggs with 12 grain toast this morning. Then a banana for the fruit.

Mama

Breakfast this morning with orange juice to make it healthy :wink::

Attachments

• breakfast03021013.jpg
    breakfast03021013.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 110
  • favoritegravybiscuit.jpg
    favoritegravybiscuit.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 108

Mama

This morning was a quick breakfast using leftover biscuits. I made Canadian Bacon and cheese biscuits. Peaches and cottage cheese on the side

Attachments

• breakfast03032013.jpg
    breakfast03032013.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 108

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I received an email yesterday from the Food Director of Southern Living magazine and they want to put MY multi-grain and granola pancakes recipe in the May 2013 edition of the magazine :w00t2:.....I'm pretty excited!

I made them for breakfast this morning along with bacon and scrambled eggs. Wish I had remembered to pick up some fresh blueberries to put in them when I was out yesterday....it takes them to a whole 'nother level!

Nice honor! Congratulations.

Bamby

Speaking of pancakes I'm the one that get's the honer here, the Wife won't even attempt them but they're in reality real easy to make. It's a from scratch mix passed down through the family.

1 cup of flour (I've found virtually any flour will work)
2 tsp baking powder
little sugar
dash salt
Milk
Egg (optional)
bit of cooking oil

Mix in bowl with mixer adding milk until it is the right consistency. Observe batter for some bubbling in batter if it is flat add a bit more baking powder and mix it in. You are now ready to proceed to the griddle.

But the fun really starts before the mixing actually started. With this mix base you can really get creative. I've used pineapple and juice, chunky applesauce, blueberries, pecans, peaches, bacon, apple chunks, and stuff I'm not thinking of in pancake mix and honestly I've never had a failure. It's just that when adding moist components add them before the milk so you don't thin the mixture itself, in effect the moist components replace the milk.

As far as syrup goes 1 cup brown sugar per a cup of water. Bring to boil and then add maple flavoring to taste. As far as I'm concerned it tastes better than the corn syrup on the shelves, it's cheaper and probably not as fattening.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Needed ear corn for the deer and turkeys so I went for breakfast at my favorite local place. Sausage gravy over biscuits and fried diced potatoes.:clap:Had the BIG platter and it was good. Might need a nap after bit.:whistling:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's Saturday...

Big mug of coffee, with a good bit of Baily's Irish cream for good meassure....It's nutricinal ya know...

Regards, Kirk

Mama

Ham, Cheese and Egg in a hash brown nest with biscuits and gravy. Now I'm ready to get out in the garden on this beautiful sunny day (75° F) pull up all of the weeds and get it ready to plant!

Attachments

• breakfast04062013.jpg
    breakfast04062013.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 89
  • eggsinanest2.jpg
    eggsinanest2.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 90

Leni

That's interesting. How do you make the baskets, in a muffin tin? Where is the cheese? On the bottom of the nest?

Mama

I nuked, peeled and shredded 2 lbs. of potatoes. Sprayed a jumbo muffin tin (6 muffins) with non-stick cooking spray. Gently pressed the shredded potatoes in the tin and up the sides. Sprinkled with salt and pepper and baked at 400° for 35 minutes. Took them out of the oven and put finely diced ham in the bottom of each cup (bacon would have been even better). Topped that with some shredded cheese (Kraft mexican 4-blend) and broke an egg on top. Back in the oven for another 15 minutes. They were really good but I think I'll use bacon and add some chopped chives to the hash browns next time.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Mama is serving me breakfast in bed . She will be wearin that sexy little French maids outfit I bought her . She spoon feed me each tender morsel of food , hold my coffee as i sip it and dash a napkin on my lips between bites .:brows:

Ok ..... actually i'll be lucky to get a bowl of cereral and a cup of left over coffee :sad:

Leni

I made them this morning. I defrosted shredded potatoes from Trader Joes and put them into a pan that is designed to hold stuffed bell peppers. I shredded cheddar cheese and added some fresh chopped chives along with the bacon.

Two problems. It takes a long time to make and I left the eggs in the oven just a tad too long. I'm thinking that next time I may make the nests the day before and reheat them in the oven. I had a starving husband wondering when breakfast would be ready. What do you think Mama?

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i have a packet of bacon to fry. (2.....shhhhhh) breakfast, lunch, & dinner. i'll let the guys cook! blt's, @ least..

Mama

Steel cut oats. I replaced a cup of water with a cup of applesauce. Cooked 15 minutes. Added a shredded apple. Cooked another 15 minutes, Removed from heat and added a little cream, brown sugar and cinnamon. Topped with some toasted walnuts. Not the best pic but it sure was tasty.

Attachments

• breakfast04282013.jpg
    breakfast04282013.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 97

Mama

Home fries with vidalia onions....does it get any better?

Attachments

• breakfast05222013.jpg
    breakfast05222013.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 90

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Been awhile since anyone posted here. I was up early this morning, so I thought I'd be productive and make some breakfast....

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This morning i wanted something besides cereal and eggs so i pan fried some shredded taters and topped them with chipped beef. Was some good eating and very filling.

Attachments

• chipped beef 001.jpg
    chipped beef 001.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 91
  • chipped beef 002.jpg
    chipped beef 002.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 88

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My cereal looks pretty sad by comparison. :(
Raisin Bran cereal w/ 1/2 pint of 2% milk. How exciting. :hide:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i went grocery shoppin'. we got a cheese (parmesan) & veggie salad cup. their cheese monger gave me a new kind of bresaola to test. thought i would have an almond-milk yogurt, too, tho got into the cheeses in my fridge. port salut & chaumes, sour cherry jam, & an organic lemonade to follow somehow made their way to my desk, w/ a fork! gasp!

Mama

Toasted and buttered homemade Italian bread dipped in the juice of fried apples....I would have been happy with just that but I made eggs and stuff to go with it :wink:

Attachments

• breakfast07202013.jpg
    breakfast07202013.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 320