• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Breakfast at the grocery store

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
They did a big remodel not too long ago at the local Giant here in town. I was waiting for Radio Shack to open, so I went into the Marketplace Cafe there at the Giant for a cup of coffee and a donut. I sat in front of a REAL fireplace on a nice comfy couch and had my breakfast. Anyone else have a freakin living room in their grocery store? They even have free wifi!

Attachments

• fireplace.jpg
    fireplace.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 122

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Rusty are you sure it was a grocery store and you did not just drunkenly walk in to some ones house :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
LOL!
Seriously- I can see it now..
That fireplace will sooner or later spell disaster.
Some mother not watching her kids will have one of them burn themselves on the fireplace glass. Lawsuit.
It'll become the local newest flop center.
Okay, I need to stop sounding so damned cynical, but that's the first thing that entered my mind.
Nice area tho! lol

Galvatron

LOL!
Seriously- I can see it now..
That fireplace will sooner or later spell disaster.
rusty will burn himself on the fireplace glass. Lawsuit.
It'll become the local newest flop center.
Okay, I need to stop sounding so damned cynical, but that's the first thing that entered my mind.
Nice area tho! lol

fixed it for you :yum::yum::yum:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have something like that at ours as well. Don't recall the details as I've only been in it once.
The one thing I do know is they did that area as well as the entire produce, fresh bread, deli... section in some textured 18" square tile. Running your grocery cart over that just shakes the hell out of everything as well as making a huge racket. You get 10 people in there moving at the same time, you can't hear yourself think.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Is that at the one on Lombard and Cape Horn? Must be the sit down spot for old guys and those watching their hairline recede!:whistling:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Our Giant eagle has a similar sitting area. Me and the Mrs take friends there to entertain them cuz it's nicer than the sitting area in our trailer, and they don't have any dog hair on the furniture.:brows:

Galvatron

Our Giant eagle has a similar sitting area. Me and the Mrs take friends there to entertain them cuz it's nicer than the sitting area in our trailer, and they don't have any dog hair on the furniture.:brows:

you must have a classier type of woman in your area:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

lilbopeep

We have something like that at ours as well. Don't recall the details as I've only been in it once.
The one thing I do know is they did that area as well as the entire produce, fresh bread, deli... section in some textured 18" square tile. Running your grocery cart over that just shakes the hell out of everything as well as making a huge racket. You get 10 people in there moving at the same time, you can't hear yourself think.
Must be incentive to drink/eat and run.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i luv the 'iggles, namely the market districts- uncertain if they're the same as the one you posted 'bout. is yours a market district 'er one of the regular ones-
there was a one-man band playing @ the one i frequent most often & they give away so much food samples, & they have a sunnier area sectioned so u can dine there & stuff- luv it. yours looks comfy!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
On a related note since both were brought up, is "Giant" and "Giant Eagle" part of the same chain? We have Giant Eagle here.