• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Scone dogs

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Otherwise known as bannock dogs. If you haven't tried one, you don't know what you're missing. I make them every now and then. Very simple actually. Make a bannock batter of flour, water, baking powder, and salt. Get your mixture about the consistency of a bread dough. Flatten in out. Place a wiener down, cut around it so you have enough to wrap around the wiener. Use a bit of extra flour. roll the dough around the weiner.

Cooking them is also simple. Heat up some cooking oil just above medium heat. Deep fry them till they are golden brown. Take them out and enjoy with you favorite hotdog toppings.

Attachments

• 20111126_4.jpg
    20111126_4.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,312
  • 20111126_2.jpg
    20111126_2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,343
  • 20111126_5.jpg
    20111126_5.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,306

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I could handle those if I grilled the dogs a little first. Bet those rolls are good!:clap:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Another good recipe with bannock is to make puck sized peices the same as above without anything in them. Slice them in half and you've got yourself one of the best burger buns you've ever tasted. Just cook your burger as normal and top it with your favorite toppings

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Another good recipe with bannock is to make puck sized peices the same as above without anything in them. Slice them in half and you've got yourself one of the best burger buns you've ever tasted. Just cook your burger as normal and top it with your favorite toppings
Both sound perty good I'll have to give it a try :thumb: store bought buns suck anymore IMO. :wink: