• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

farmer's bike

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ok for all of you city slikers what is the fuel tank made out of? Reps for the right answer. And GB I not asking for the type of metal but what the container was used for prior to being the gas tank. :yum:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
From a milk machine, I believe that they were made out of aluminum, but that also depended upon the breed of cow being milked.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
From a milk machine, I believe that they were made out of aluminum, but that also depended upon the breed of cow being milked.

Well your not a city sliker but your answer is right in the fact is is a milk machine. Most of the ones I used were Stainless Steel.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
We never had the things on the farm, we just used a bucket and our hands.

However I did not ever think of them being a gas tank on a hog carrier.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I pulled a lot of t*** in my day and I don't miss it at all. At least them kind :hide:

Last edited:

Trakternut

There should be another pic of the same guy, same bike, but a lot less cushy..........ummm........backrest! :whistling:

I had one of those JD LUC engines laying around, when I was a kid. It came off our old JD 12A combine. Dad sold it and I think it's been junked. :glare: