• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Whats santa bringin you for Christmas ?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well ? Have you been a good boy or girl this year ? What you hopin Santa brings you for Christmas ?

For me , There is nothing I or my wife need in material objects for Christmas . We stopped looking for those gifts many years ago . Now we go for items money cannot buy .
Working on our little Indian school children charity or helping the Indian familys in different ways has been the best Christmas present we ever recieved from each other . It has taught us happiness or love can never be purchased at any price .
For everything we have ever done for them , the local Panama "Bugle" Indians have out did us by 1000% in giving back . They taken us into their homes and treated us as family , shared their food, their laughter and at times their sorrow . We are truly bless to have met them .Their children are our children now . Many call me Papa and my wife is known as Mama .
So this year my wish for Christmas is for many more days doing exactly the same thing .

If anyone ever gets to Panama and we happen to be in Panama at that time , Please stop by . We will leave a light on for ya !
Merry Christmas

Attachments

• ParadeofLights30.jpg
    ParadeofLights30.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 171
  • LightedPalmTree-main_Full.jpg
    LightedPalmTree-main_Full.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 187

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
well i will be getting the same old...but i am far from complaining....smiles on my 3 kids faces.

And the closest i will get to Panama is a Panama cigar.:yum::yum::yum:

Merry Christmas Al.....you do good in our world and i salute you sir.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Al, you're a good man and there is no higher compliment than that. :clap::clap::clap:

We're a lot like you guys as far as Christmas presents go and for the same reasons. We haven't given each other a specifically "Christmas Present" for many years although we do seem to save some item, usually for the house, to be bought around Christmas time and call it our present to each other.

Nope, if Santa brings me a bottle of MacAllan or a really good cigar for Christmas, I'll be overjoyed. If not, I do have a fall back position. :biggrin:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
A

Nope, if Santa brings me a bottle of MacAllan or a really good cigar for Christmas, I'll be overjoyed. If not, I do have a fall back position. :biggrin:

I'll tell you what ! You make it down to Panama and i'll furnish the Cuban Cigars and we can just sit on the covered deck and watch the world go by . Of Course ,no Cigar would be any good without a good drink to sip on ,so I'll supply that too ! :wink:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm Sorry !!:bonk::doh::pat: I forgot to mention that a number of fellas here on FF helpped with our little Panama school Indian childrens charity when we first had started it . Its now been endowed by my decrease Father and Mother so it can live on hopefully for years to come .

Just thought I should mention that to the fellow Members here on FF who helped get it going .You know who you are .Thank you !

P.S. We now have one in College too !!!:clap::clap:

God bless you all !!!

mak2

My wife is alive this Christmas, just about died last March. Her being here is about all I could ask for. But I think she will get me a new printer too.

benspawpaw

we have truely been blessed this year. there are more things under our tree for the grandkids this year than there have been for the last 5 or so years all together. i got a new lcd tv, a new laptop, she got a new living room suit, and we got a new nice mattres and boxsprings (pillowtop) for the bed. we have also given to people that had nothing and i think that was the best of all.to see somebody that was as bad off or worse than we were a few months ago and see their face light up when all of a sudden they have money to buy food or to pay rent. that my friends is christmas. if you have not yet, look around and find someone and give from your heart.it feels good.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I am giving, but don't want to receive, unless of course a new crock pot finds it's way in my kitchen.
That's it. Gimme a new one and I'll be happy as you know what. haha!
Actually, my brother asked me if I'd like a new gun...
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

norscaner

All I am praying for is safe trip for my Girls on their way home . That to me would be the ultimate gift.:flowers:.....Why is it that the older you get the more you worry about them??

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
All I am praying for is safe trip for my Girls on their way home . That to me would be the ultimate gift.:flowers:.....Why is it that the older you get the more you worry about them??
Because our kids are always babies to us.
I know I feel that way about my sons.

I want Santa to bring my family a year of nothing bad.
This will be the first Christmas without my Mommy present and it's going to be a little tough (maybe) .. we got through Thanksgiving, barely.. but Christmas is different.
She won't be there to take part in Christmas music night and sit beside me at Juliet's playing the piano.. but she'll be there nonetheless.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
if you have not yet, look around and find someone and give from your heart.it feels good.

Last Friday ended many hard weeks of work for our local "Caring and Sharing". We collected, boxed up and distributed food parcels and toys to well over a 1,000 needy families. To see those kids faces light up at the sight of a $5 toy was .... priceless ... and humbling. Lord, I've got a tear in my eye just thinking about it again.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Believe it or not, I have asked for sox & underwear. Also asked for a lime green, Borat thong bathing suit. No, I don't have the body for it, but I'm crazy enough to wear it if someone buys it.

I also give back when I can. I did a bread baking class fundraiser for the food pantry at church, and raised $600 for them. That's the least I've raised at these fundraisers, but this has been a tough year for all charities and fundraisers. I have one more 501(c)(3) fundraiser on January 16th that usually raises $6,000+, so it will be interesting to see how it goes this time. I've done it the past 7 years, so hopefully people will continue to support it. So far vendor support has been weak, but I still have a few weeks to go.