• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Man vs. Steel (actually, Boy vs. Stihl)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We had great weather the past few days so it was time to collect all the leaves off the grass, out of the gutters...

So, I'm running the backpack blower (Stihl BR600) and my son likes it when I blow air at him. He sees how close he can get before it knocks him over or he ducks away.

Well, he figured it could be fun to be the operator instead of the recipient of the wind. So he talks me into strapping it onto his back. I tighten up the shoulder straps and then let him try to stand on his own. After a minute of getting himself balanced he told me to go ahead and fire it up. I did and then he pulled the trigger. He went flying backwards and landed on his butt. His sister and I couldn't help but to laugh. After the shock, he too laughed. So, he continues on and each time he pulled the trigger, he would get pushed backward or around in a circle. He finally learned that at his weight (about 55#), he has to lean into it before he pulled the trigger. He did get that down so now we're doing other "tricks" with it. The dog doesn't like the blower itself but loves playing in the flying leaves so that's their new game. Another is to point the blower up in the air and then take a basketball and float it in the air. He's a bit short but trying to get the ball through the basketball hoop by floating it in front of the blower. The blower can actually float the ball about 2' away from the tube.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
We had great weather the past few days so it was time to collect all the leaves off the grass, out of the gutters...

So, I'm running the backpack blower (Stihl BR600) and my son likes it when I blow air at him. He sees how close he can get before it knocks him over or he ducks away.

Well, he figured it could be fun to be the operator instead of the recipient of the wind. So he talks me into strapping it onto his back. I tighten up the shoulder straps and then let him try to stand on his own. After a minute of getting himself balanced he told me to go ahead and fire it up. I did and then he pulled the trigger. He went flying backwards and landed on his butt. His sister and I couldn't help but to laugh. After the shock, he too laughed. So, he continues on and each time he pulled the trigger, he would get pushed backward or around in a circle. He finally learned that at his weight (about 55#), he has to lean into it before he pulled the trigger. He did get that down so now we're doing other "tricks" with it. The dog doesn't like the blower itself but loves playing in the flying leaves so that's their new game. Another is to point the blower up in the air and then take a basketball and float it in the air. He's a bit short but trying to get the ball through the basketball hoop by floating it in front of the blower. The blower can actually float the ball about 2' away from the tube.

Forget about blowing leaves ! I gotta go try the basketball trick ! :w00t2:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
My daughter wanted to use one that I was fixing in my shop one time. She put it on and I started it, she was blowing all the dust off the floor out of the shop doors when the hose popped off on the side, she started spinning as if on skates while screaming like a siren. I grabbed her on about the third turn and she was getting faster at that.

She never wanted to try it again after that. But laughs about it now.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Forget about blowing leaves ! I gotta go try the basketball trick ! :w00t2:
What kind of blower do you have? We got the idea from a Stihl sales rep who uses that trick to tout their product.

It's a 2 person job. One person with the blower down low (pointing the tube upwards) and the other to hold the ball up there when the operator hits the throttle.

Have you ever floated a screwdriver using the blower nozzle on a compressor?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
At 55 pounds he is a tad bit light. But teaching him how to use the blower and letting him adjust to it is far better than allowing some moron like this one to learn the hard way on his own. As a society overall I think we protect our kids way too much. Kudos to you Brian :thumb:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y_p25R_Xdg"]Moron Shooting a gun[/ame]

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
What kind of blower do you have? We got the idea from a Stihl sales rep who uses that trick to tout their product.

It's a 2 person job. One person with the blower down low (pointing the tube upwards) and the other to hold the ball up there when the operator hits the throttle.

Have you ever floated a screwdriver using the blower nozzle on a compressor?

Nope ! I been using them for the wrong things ...like tightening or loosening screws and stuff !I see new entertaiment coming soon !:w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:

Last edited by a moderator:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
At 55 pounds he is a tad bit light. But teaching him how to use the blower and letting him adjust to it is far better than allowing some moron like this one to learn the hard way on his own. As a society overall I think we protect our kids way too much. Kudos to you Brian :thumb:

Moron Shooting a gun

Man ! That was great ! What a knucklehead !!!!!