• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Cat Drag and trail grooming

nutsster

Our cabin in the Uinta Mountains is two and a half miles from the parking lot. The snowmobile traffic quickly makes the roads very mogully along our route to our cabin. To help keep my teeth, I decided to build a drag to keep the road smooth to my place and others willing to chip in for costs. I studied several drags and came up with this design. :confused2: After testing and some minor adjusting, it has turned into a very nice drag that is easy to pull. It is 7'-9" wide and 12' long. I used a reverse chevrons with rippers and multi-planing blades in the rear. I found a electric jack for the hitch to set my depth. It has worked out beautifully.:thumb:
Here's a shot of it...
IMG_1325 Standard e-mail view.jpg
The DMC pulling drag...the early tests used a had crank.
IMG_1316 Standard e-mail view.jpg
The trail after grooming!
IMG_1326 Standard e-mail view.jpg