• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Favorite Type Of Jam

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Apple butter on home made bread! You sure you didn't spend some time in the Pa. Dutch country? I could eat that right now!:flowers:

Strawberry preserves and apple butter both favorites!!!!

Apple butter festival waterville October 13&14th come and get it!!!!!

tom

Mama

LOL muleman....I actually have a sister who lives in central pa and another sister in the DC area of va. so I've been to amish country on several occasions. It's a beautiful place!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Apples are a rare item up here this year. The late frost wiped out 80% of the local crop. Even the wild apples have almost no apples on them. They are good to go gather for applesauce or apple butter or cider. Got a jug of raw cider that is run through ultra violet light instead of pasteurized when we went to the cheese shop. That gallon won't last long.:whistling:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
At least once a year I go to NC southern most Smokies to run the Fontana HWY 129 Dragon in my Crossfire. My nieces insist, that wheni go, I buy them ,,,,Frog Jam.

Anyone here familiar with it?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh boy Mama, I can almost taste that apple butter just looking at the spoon.
Not a big fan of raisins, but I'd tear up one of those loaves too :)

Mama

Thanks PG!

At least once a year I go to NC southern most Smokies to run the Fontana HWY 129 Dragon in my Crossfire. My nieces insist, that wheni go, I buy them ,,,,Frog Jam.

Anyone here familiar with it?

That stuff is soooooo good on a turkey breast sandwich...not the lunch meat stuff....real turkey breast :smile:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
That stuff is soooooo good on a turkey breast sandwich...not the lunch meat stuff....real turkey breast :smile:
You are so right Mama.

Figs/Raspberries/Oranges/ and Ginger. Yummmmmmmmmmmmh

But don't let my neices know. They still think it is made from North Carolina Frogs.

Mama

You are so right Mama.

Figs/Raspberries/Oranges/ and Ginger. Yummmmmmmmmmmmh

But don't let my neices know. They still think it is made from North Carolina Frogs.

....and did you tell them about how the ones that get away and make it across the border into South Carolina are turned into Frogmore stew? :whistling:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
....and did you tell them about how the ones that get away and make it across the border into South Carolina are turned into Frogmore stew? :whistling:

Is that also a Jam? I thought it was made with Shrimp and sausage.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
there used to be a truckstop west of witchita....Goddard if memory serves ,that
had freash baked pies,late at night...I would stop for fuel and would buy a whole 18inch pie...strawberry,rubarb Lord I would be in heaven!!!! and have a sugar high that would take 200 units of inslen to get back down!!!!! hehe...just let mom know that I would be bringing in some rubarb and strawberries from thefreezer in the morning!!!!!!! any way by the time I went through Kingman it would cool enough that it wouldnt run all over......only thing ...had to stop in dodge or gardencity to wash the dam stearing wheel!!!!!!:w00t2:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Many folks do not like Rhubarb. But a marraige of it to Strawberry is a marraige made in heaven.

When my wife and I come home from our ranch near Ava Mo we stop at a restaruant in OZARK. They always have Strawberry Rhubarb pie and we just buy a whole one for the 3 hour drive home to St Peters MO.

And yes, I must clean the truck steering wheel in the morning. worth it.:clap: