• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Knee High by the 4th of July

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Growing corn in our short season most farmers are happy if their corn is knee high at the 4th of July. Well it is not quiet here yet but will be soon. That is the 4th of July.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 69
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 68

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Peas aren't doing so bad either.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 68

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
My friend while I work in the garden. I have her trained to not come in the garden unless she finds a rabbit.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 67

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Growing corn in our short season most farmers are happy if their corn is knee high at the 4th of July. Well it is not quiet here yet but will be soon. That is the 4th of July.

Doing my best GB here:
It's not quiet here, either - but I figure in a few days after the 4th it'll calm down as well.
OTOH, the field corn here is quite close to Man high...

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Dang I had it spelled quite and then said it didn't look right and changed it. :bonk:

And that is sweet corn and our growing season is much shorter than yours. One other thing is that is my second planting. The first planting the seed just rotted as I planted too early

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
My corn won't be that high till the end of July. Nice garden Murph and I had way more weeds than you but I put me and the kids to work over the last few days and we are getting them beat back.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Steve, your corn doesn't look so bad :poke: and your peas look very nice!
You should see some of the corn around here!! lol :dizzy:
Like the pic of the doggie, and you ain't looking so bad yourself! :D

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
inch of rain Friday morning, 2 more Friday night.
sunshine yesterday and today and all the cornfields around us are tasseling.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
This is the first time i have grown peas and im really happy...got a nice little crop for me and my family...and the freshness is next to none.

Lettuce we have plenty and carrots are going real good....not sure on the beets but the tomatoes plants are all in flower so a good crop ahead:clap:

Attachments

• SDC10806.JPG
    SDC10806.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 28

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
...got a nice little crop for me and my family...and the freshness is next to none.

My problem is I schuck them and put them in water in the refrigerator and then eat them. I take a handful out every so often until they are gone. We have not cooked any of them yet. I just love the raw peas. I have probably eaten ten cans worth already.

Galvatron

My problem is I schuck them and put them in water in the refrigerator and then eat them. I take a handful out every so often until they are gone. We have not cooked any of them yet. I just love the raw peas. I have probably eaten ten cans worth already.

same here...me and my kids just pick them pop the pod and eat them...but i am planning on freezing some as this i have never done before either.

next year im going bigger and better growing peas due to the success.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Most of my peas are done. Not many left. I am going to dig up the vines of the ones I have taken the peas off of and plant new peas in the same place about August 1st. That is enough time to get a second crop in. Will have to do a lot of watering at first to keep cool but it should work fine. Hopefully then I can get some of them frozen.

murph

Galvatron

Most of my peas are done. Not many left. I am going to dig up the vines of the ones I have taken the peas off of and plant new peas in the same place about August 1st. That is enough time to get a second crop in. Will have to do a lot of watering at first to keep cool but it should work fine. Hopefully then I can get some of them frozen.

murph

never knew i could do a second crop.....thanks m8 i will start planning that too.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I put in a decent amount of peas this year. (About 250' of rows). We got some out last week and going to get more tonight. The kids eat them pretty quickly but get tired of getting them out of the pod so I have been able to get some to the freezer.

Galvatron

Thought i would pop out back and pull a hand full of Baby carrots and a lettuce just to show where im at.....the carrots go well with Lamb :clap:

Attachments

• SDC10810.JPG
    SDC10810.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 18