• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Good Gravy!

urednecku

Site Supporter
A 980 calorie meal.
Yum!! :hide: :wink:
Look. When yer eatin' fresh, home-made biscuits, plenty of real butter on em, with sunny-side-up eggs, sausage gravy (with big chunks of sausage in it). OH YEA, and a big glass of cow-tit-fresh whole milk to wash it down with, ............ya ain't worried about a couple extra calories.

Edit:
Any more old-time country folk aroun' 'ere?? Lets hear for ya!!

American Woman

Site Supporter
Look. When yer eatin' fresh, home-made biscuits, plenty of real butter on em, with sunny-side-up eggs, sausage gravy (with big chunks of sausage in it). OH YEA, and a big glass of cow-tit-fresh whole milk to wash it down with, ............ya ain't worried about a couple extra calories.

Edit:
I'm surprised you have lived this long...my arteries are screaming from the anxiety attack this meal gives them. :yum:
There probably isn't any "old-timer country folk" out there....their all dead from the fat build in their arteries.....:shock:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm surprised you have lived this long...my arteries are screaming from the anxiety attack this meal gives them. :yum:
There probably isn't any "old-timer country folk" out there....their all dead from the fat build in their arteries.....:shock:

My dad is 62 and eats half a dozen fried eggs, half a pound of bacon, and a half dozen slices of butter toast for breakfast nearly every day. His cholesterol level is only 95.

Oh, and he smokes two packs of Camel Unfiltered per day.

urednecku

Site Supporter
My Dad passed away 3 weeks before 82 years old. My Grandma died @ 96, her aunt @93. Their 2 brothers died in their late 80's. Mom will be 82 this Nov., has no heart problems.

I think our main health problems today is all the preservatives.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

Edit:

We use to dip the milk right out of the old bulk tank. Next morning you hoped you shook it up before you poured it on your milk. :thumb:

American Woman

Site Supporter
My dad is 62 and eats half a dozen fried eggs, half a pound of bacon, and a half dozen slices of butter toast for breakfast nearly every day. His cholesterol level is only 95.

Oh, and he smokes two packs of Camel Unfiltered per day.
OMGosh! And he smokes two packs of Camel Unfiltered per day:shock:
Dave your Dad ain't no ordinary man:shock: I think you should have him checked for super powers :mrgreen:
I was cutting an old man's hair the other day I figured was around his late 70's. He was a smoker and only had one working lung. He talked about a doctor's appointment to see about getting put on the patch he had heard about to help him quit. This man was in his late 90's He drove himself to the shop and still lived alone and maintained a garden.
Redneck just pointed out his family on both sides living up into their 90's :shock:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I find it damn hard to get GOOD biscuits and gravy. The gravy is generally WAYYYY too salty with a so-so texture and no meat bits at all. The biscuits are usually lumps of dough where I prefer them to be on the dryer side with a little 'bite' to em.

American Woman

Site Supporter
I find it damn hard to get GOOD biscuits and gravy. The gravy is generally WAYYYY too salty with a so-so texture and no meat bits at all. The biscuits are usually lumps of dough where I prefer them to be on the dryer side with a little 'bite' to em.
So how would you make Sausage gravy Sushi? Just wondering if you would add any flare to your recipe....
or even Eric if he sees this...... Both of you are creative cooks.:chef:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Place Tennessee Pride or Bob Evans sausage gravy (nuke ready) in cart.
Bob Evans sells two versions of the gravy, one white gravy and one brown gravy. The white tastes nothing like it does in the restaurant but the brown is identical.