• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Russian Sub Typhoon class spotted in Italy

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting design. I'd never seen one quite like it.

Attachments

• RussianSubTyphoonClassSeritaAkula.jpg
    RussianSubTyphoonClassSeritaAkula.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 230

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Are they fueling up or do they have a line in the starboard prop ??? LOL

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
You wouldn't get me to go into one of those things in a heartbeat unless one thinks glowing in the dark as a good thing. To say they are not in the same league as the Ohio's and Virginia's is an understatement.

Last Fourth of July when the kids were visiting my son reconnected with his best friend from high school. He stopped by the house for a visit. His friend joined the Navy and became a nuclear power commissioned officer rising to the rank of Cmdr. Spent much of his duty on Ohio Class submarines and a few Virginia's. 20 year hitch. Smart kid to say the least.

We discussed the Russian boats in a lot of detail which I found totally intriguing. Deathtrap was the common description when talking about these boats. He had nothing good to say about them.