• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The fat lady is singing

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
On the eve of what is probably the most important election of my life, I thought it might be appropriate to post an oldie but goodie.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnQDW-NMaRs"]Kate Smith introduces God Bless America - YouTube[/ame]

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Excellent find. Mom taught us to sing that song from the old crank up record player with her album on it.:flowers:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
I have high hopes for this younger gen...they sure have stood up...unlike many of my gen who only knew how to protest.......will never forget the feeling of being stood at attention and being spit on when we returned through frisco.......hearing songs like that still make me feel good...and proud....

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
I can remember listening to the old 78s being played on an old victrola[fairly new then].....us kids would wind the crankreal tight and it would make the singers go real fast!!!!!!great fun till mom caught us at it!!!:yum: Mule is only as old as he feels..............it just hurts more now days!!!!!!:unsure: some where around 1944 Im guessing.........:mellow:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Besides.... you shouldnt pick on Mule.....with chin hair like that....and a goose stuck up his ass he might not feel all that good!!!!!!!!!!:whistling:

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
Besides.... you shouldnt pick on Mule.....with chin hair like that....and a goose stuck up his ass he might not feel all that good!!!!!!!!!!:whistling:

That's not a goose. As I pointed out when he first used that, it's a male chicken!

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can remember listening to the old 78s being played on an old victrola[fairly new then].....us kids would wind the crankreal tight and it would make the singers go real fast!!!!!!great fun till mom caught us at it!!!:yum: Mule is only as old as he feels..............it just hurts more now days!!!!!!:unsure: some where around 1944 Im guessing.........:mellow:
I am probably the old guy here. That song and myself both began life in 38. At the time the US was threatened with a depression that made the current economics pale by comparison, a world with some leaders determined to take it over, weather conditions that threatened to destroy most of the US food crop, and we made it through. The difference is that our nation was able to pull together for the common good, and leaders who were not determined to solidify their own position by dividing the nation into various groups, all at odds with each other.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
That's not a goose. As I pointed out when he first used that, it's a male chicken!
Oh shit those have pointed beeks!!!!!!!no wonder he is feeling sore all the time!!!!!!!!! At least a goose beek is rounded.....well except for that little sharp point right on the tip:yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That old record player was a heavy son of a gun. I bet i moved that thing a half dozen times for mom. As for the chicken, You guys are just jealous! Mom and I are going to go vote now.:clap:

Attachments

• chicken.gif
    chicken.gif
    114.5 KB · Views: 127

grizzer

I am probably the old guy here. That song and myself both began life in 38. At the time the US was threatened with a depression that made the current economics pale by comparison, a world with some leaders determined to take it over, weather conditions that threatened to destroy most of the US food crop, and we made it through. The difference is that our nation was able to pull together for the common good, and leaders who were not determined to solidify their own position by dividing the nation into various groups, all at odds with each other.

Might I suggest sitting down with the book "Freedom Betrayed" by Herbert Hoover. Hoover died in '64 the manuscript was shelved & forgotten for 50 years, published in 2011.

It is the Magnum Opus written by Hoover detailing the most fowl screwup FDR from 1933 to 1945. Hoover was there: he saw it, smelled it, lived it.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Might I suggest sitting down with the book "Freedom Betrayed" by Herbert Hoover. Hoover died in '64 the manuscript was shelved & forgotten for 50 years, published in 2011.

It is the Magnum Opus written by Hoover detailing the most fowl screwup FDR from 1933 to 1945. Hoover was there: he saw it, smelled it, lived it.
You may be right. My dad used to say that some politicians were trying to out Roosevelt Roosevelt, and he lived through those days. Couple that with Hoover, who was possibly the most powerful man in the nation, largely due to the amassed files collected with his position as FBI director, and things happened.

Nevertheless, the "stimulus" of Roosevelt gave us workers who built the Blue Ridge Parkway, Appalacian trail, the miles of access trails in the mountains, surveyed and mapped whole states such as Wyoming. All of which we still use today. Today we get uneconomical energy sources and automobiles built in foreign countries.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, you've got Herbert and J. Edgar.
Hmmm, I never considered it before but I wonder if those two are related.

As a minor to this important election, doesn't it also seem like an election between Fox / Glen Beck and the like and the MSM & Hollywood? I so hope the MSM & Hollywood lose, partly just to hear how they will explain things to their viewers. Will they take the low road and cause a race riot or will they admit they've been fudging the numbers, and biased in their reporting? :yum: :yum: I know, I know, they'll never admit to anything but I'd like the see how they'd explain their way out of their actions for the past 4 or more years.

Kane

As a minor to this important election, doesn't it also seem like an election between Fox / Glen Beck and the like and the MSM & Hollywood? I so hope the MSM & Hollywood lose, partly just to hear how they will explain things to their viewers. Will they take the low road and cause a race riot or will they admit they've been fudging the numbers, and biased in their reporting? :yum: :yum: I know, I know, they'll never admit to anything but I'd like the see how they'd explain their way out of their actions for the past 4 or more years.
2012-11-06-humor-5.jpg

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

I don't think Hoover and Hoover are related.