• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Woman Accusing Herman Cain Of Sexual Harassment Hires Gloria Allred

mak2

Yes but I don't consider it my business either way as it is between the wife and her husband. I don't vote/hire leaders to live up to some standard other than doing the job they are hired to do. For all I know their wives may have promoted the cheating in some cases, who knows why they do it. Probably would be surprised at how many women break those vows first also but have never bothered to read the info on it as again could care less.

My problem with Cain isn't what the accusations as stated to be especially with the time span ago it happened. It is with the way he handled it when the story broke. These woman all got a cash settlement with a non disclosure agreement which Cain broke first with his shooting from the hip style of opening his mouth before thinking.

I have to agree with you about the way Cain has handled it. And the "severance package:yum:" with a silence clause. Poorly played by him. But still the best the Repubs have, appearently.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
First severance package with a silence clause I have ever heard of. We are not talking about Hillary, where did that come from?

Then you must live in a bubble.
Beside, this appears to be a severance for cause,,,,, because of dissatifaction with the employer employee relationship. Party fault is to be therefore considered as "no contest."

Most severance agreements involving misconduct,espcialy when found (or agreed to) that it was a "missunderstanding" involve a silence clause to protect all parties. The accuser, who may have been mistaken, the accused, who my have been innocent, or the company who does not want a soiled reputation.It protects all of them.
And it means that the disgruntled empoyee cannot be hampered by the events in future employment opportunities. If, as Cain suggested, the charges were unfounded, they gave the lady a break here.

And themselves also because no company wants to appear heavy handed in such cases. It accomplishes nothing of value.

It may surprise some here to know but not all companies are evil. Not all companies are heartless. Not all CEO's live each day to exploit and crush their employees.

Most of us want to encourage personal growth and prosperity for our charges. Sometimes, we truely worry about the future of those which fell down on the way.

franc

Last edited:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Cain has another with a potential for real problems and that is misuse of campaign funds. But that has very little press coverage due to this stuff from a number of years ago. Misuse of campaign funds can get someone indited just ask John Edwards about that.

grizzer

Of course no one made a big deal about this woman . . .

http://yesbuthowever.com/obamas-mistress-8138835/

Perhaps the difference is that Obama obviously didn't leave her with any "complaints". :rolleyes:

Is she the one who wandered into the Chicago office as a volunteer, was dismissed over too much attention to Obama, then showed up when Obama opened his NY political campaign office.

At that point Mama Obama booted her & she disappeared for a long while eventually showing up as the owner of a coffee shop in the Bahamas...

-----------------
I dont believe Cain was a signatory party to any of the NRA agreements.

I recollect "harassment" was being defined at the time & was used as leverage to extract cash from smaller businesses EEOC would be the tool of choice in larger orgs.

One client of mine was PO'd that his best friend sued for age discrimination, He was caught multiple DUI & the company insurer was threatening to cancel. The owner settled for cash about the same as Cain's & his company SUV. :whistling:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have dealt with more than one case of exactly what you have described. Everything from Sexual harrasment, environment of Hostility and racial bigotry... all in an effort to extract cash from my Insurance carrier by vilifying a supervisor who was simply doing his or her job.

mak2

Paying people for groundless accusations seems counterproductive to me, kinda like paying kidnappers ransom. You are just beggin for them to do it again. But hey, I am sure "they" are just picking on Cain. If, however he did not do it, I think whoever broke the story ought to have to publicly apoligize and drop out of the running for the Republican nomination. :biggrin:
I have dealt with more than one case of exactly what you have described. Everything from Sexual harrasment, environment of Hostility and racial bigotry... all in an effort to extract cash from my Insurance carrier by vilifying a supervisor who was simply doing his or her job.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did Obama or anyone associated with him pay her off? The national enquirer broke the anthrax thing too,IIRC. The only thing that should really make any difference to either side is if the accused did it or not. End of story. It is not important who else has done it or what the left/right woudl do if the other got caught first. What is important and what dissappoints me no one here sees is: If he really did sexually harass people who worked for him he should not be elected president. If he did not do it all the talk in the world wont make him guilty of it. If he did there is no rationalzing it away.

If one is presdient and did have an affair with a willing participant it is far different than harassing women at work. It's is still immoral and should cost him reelection. Payoffs from Cain on one hand to keep it quite, a million dollar offer for any evidence to smear the president. Which do you think has the most creditability?

Oh yea, she is hot.

Now you know, guilty or not, it's damaging to bring it to light. It makes no difference to the accusers if he did it or not, it's the damage conveyed that YOU and they cherish!

Paying people for groundless accusations seems counterproductive to me, kinda like paying kidnappers ransom. You are just beggin for them to do it again. But hey, I am sure "they" are just picking on Cain. If, however he did not do it, I think whoever broke the story ought to have to publicly apoligize and drop out of the running for the Republican nomination. :biggrin:

Like I said no matter, the damage has been accomplished!

SShepherd

this is pretty common in the medical field also- for an insurance carrier to simply payout to an accuser regardless of fault, it's done as a way to reduce what else...cost.

mak2

I seem to remember a lot of endless accusations about Obama at a soccer field, no birf certificate, kenyan storm trooper, FEMA camp, and on and on and on on this forum. I did not hear a big uproar from YOU about not being proof or even any evidence etc. Now it comes out the repubs frontrunner paid off someone for something to keep them quite, all the sudden the RWers demand court quality evidence. Come on, you can see the double standard, cant you? And you dont know what I cherish.
Now you know, guilty or not, it's damaging to bring it to light. It makes no difference to the accusers if he did it or not, it's the damage conveyed that YOU and they cherish!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
. Now it comes out the repubs frontrunner paid off someone for something to keep them quite, all the sudden the RWers demand court quality evidence. Come on, you can see the double standard, cant you? And you dont know what I cherish.

No, he didn't. Not by the evidence that is public. Cain paid nothing nor did he sign off on any payments. What you suggest is quite possible but no facts support it. Or the concept that such a payment is an admission of guilt.

Perhaps you have devined some new facts here?

Back them up.

Having been "accused" of the Harrassment claim Herman Cain admittied "it" (the case) was true.That is where he should have stopped. But the press hounded and he stepped into the minefield on trying to explain what he contractualy could not devulge. An admitted error as far as I am concerned.
You seem to forget, Herman was bound to keep quite as well.
Hardly newsworthy.

But, the firestorm that has followed is all smoke, Including the presumption on the part of Chris Mathews that the sexual harrassment was commited during a "drunken party where Cain got a little loose and behaved innappropriately."
And "so a pay off" by Herman Cain.

Chris said it so,,,,, it is now something you present as fact?

franc

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I seem to remember a lot of endless accusations about Obama at a soccer field, no birf certificate, kenyan storm trooper, FEMA camp, and on and on and on on this forum. I did not hear a big uproar from YOU about not being proof or even any evidence etc. Now it comes out the repubs frontrunner paid off someone for something to keep them quite, all the sudden the RWers demand court quality evidence. Come on, you can see the double standard, cant you? And you dont know what I cherish.

Ah, that's BS that the left didn't defend Obama! Watch MSNBC, it has been a never ending beat down on Cain since the story broke. Even FOX doesn't go to such length's to bastardize your BOZO. The double standard is in the left's control of the media, you kid yourself to not admit the media is biased to the left, your defense with never any fact is hilarious! You're better suited for MyForumPlace ................... but then it ain't too busy over there for you to do any trolling!

SShepherd

actually, if these allegations were handled out of court there's no proof they happened. You would think that had they been criminal he would have been charged in a criminal court.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Did you guys catch the press conference?

Yes I did. I don't know if Cain is guilty or not on the other women. He probably is guilty. But listening to that woman and how she explained what happened seemed awful made up to me. When a guy puts his hand under a women's dress the women should have slapped the shit out of him and not said "What are you doing, I have a boyfriend" Sorry I just don't buy it. My opinion

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I only ever got slapped as a teen. Then I learned how to make them want it.:whistling:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes I did. I don't know if Cain is guilty or not on the other women. He probably is guilty. But listening to that woman and how she explained what happened seemed awful made up to me. When a guy puts his hand under a women's dress the women should have slapped the shit out of him and not said "What are you doing, I have a boyfriend" Sorry I just don't buy it. My opinion
Same here Murph.
I think he is guilty of only doing something that was at one time deemed inappropriate, but in what sense?
What one woman considers inappropriate may not be considered that way at all by others.
Like I stated before, compliments and maybe touching a shoulder or something.
It could be the things these women complained about all those years ago were just swept under the rug and paid off in settlements as non-issues.
It could be that because as it's been stated today in some news sources that the specifics were never mentioned, but there were a couple of these women who have decided to come forward, directly or indirectly.
NOW they can claim that an account of improper behaviour was actually harassment of a sexual nature.
But sadly, I have a feeling that Cain's goose is now cooked.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree and with the fact it happened 15 years ago just dont smell right to me. Personally I find it odd for a women to put herself in that situation in the first place, this wasn't your typical job interview. :ermm:

But what gets me most is she is from chicago and with the supposed rumer that Raum emanuel may have started these rumors it just ads up to typical Chicago style corruption IMO . :wink:

mak2

Ah, that's BS that the left didn't defend Obama! Watch MSNBC, it has been a never ending beat down on Cain since the story broke. Even FOX doesn't go to such length's to bastardize your BOZO. The double standard is in the left's control of the media, you kid yourself to not admit the media is biased to the left, your defense with never any fact is hilarious! You're better suited for MyForumPlace ................... but then it ain't too busy over there for you to do any trolling!

Really? I am a mod on a site with more posts and hour than this one has all day. Stop by sometime, you will be treated much better, but you wont have the possee. We have a very active politics and religion site. Really come by if you want. No bashing allowed there, at least till we get to know you and you and you can defend yourself (in other words, join in.) Dont try to insult me, if you got out more you would have more of an idea what the hell you were talking about. He is not my BOZO and I dont read minds, what the hell is wrong with you guys?

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
What bothers me is the timing. If the gal had this terrible thing done to her was that tramatizing, she needed to report it then, not twenty years later when there is no offical paper trail and McCain is a threat to the Left.

If she was good with keeping her mouth shut for all these years, it wasn't that big of a deal. If she wanted 15 min's of fame she is getting it. There are a lot of women that are truely affected with abuse and rape, but saying nothing for this long is pretty suspect and hurts their case. Cane has been famous for years and if this gal was truely attacked, she could have brought these charges anytime to tarnish him.

To me it justs stinks as a torpedo attack against a popular candidate, which isn't that odd when shaking the Politicion's tree.

If he did do it, he should have been charged, but she didn't do that. Now she comes forth and make millions on a book deal/interview.

Did I mention I was "Probed" by a famous Alien... When all I wanted was a picture of his space ship?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
She is way too ugly for playboy.
So I guess you saw the still photos of her pock marked face vs the press conference video where she was hiding her face with her hair hanging down all around?
That was also part of whatever the hell it is she's trying to accomplish.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
What bothers me is the timing. If the gal had this terrible thing done to her was that tramatizing, she needed to report it then, not twenty years later when there is no offical paper trail and McCain is a threat to the Left.

If she was good with keeping her mouth shut for all these years, it wasn't that big of a deal. If she wanted 15 min's of fame she is getting it. There are a lot of women that are truely affected with abuse and rape, but saying nothing for this long is pretty suspect and hurts their case. Cane has been famous for years and if this gal was truely attacked, she could have brought these charges anytime to tarnish him.

To me it justs stinks as a torpedo attack against a popular candidate, which isn't that odd when shaking the Politicion's tree.

If he did do it, he should have been charged, but she didn't do that. Now she comes forth and make millions on a book deal/interview.

Did I mention I was "Probed" by a famous Alien... When all I wanted was a picture of his space ship?

Good point Foggy oh and it is Cain not McCain that was the last election. Either way you do make a good point.

mak2

I dunno about all that, but she is too ugly for playboy.
So I guess you saw the still photos of her pock marked face vs the press conference video where she was hiding her face with her hair hanging down all around?
That was also part of whatever the hell it is she's trying to accomplish.