• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Would it just be easier to move ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I read alot . I enjoy learning about new stuff and other peoples thoughts . I sometimes come here and read the latest and there is always someone so fed up they are ready to kill or move or do something drastic . I look at life that I got one chance to get it right . If I don't like what I see and can't see fixing the problem than I usually move on down the road . The roads been a interesting series of turns and new adventures .

Now I watch how this new healthcare plan is going to wipe us out ??? Is it really ? Or is that just what you think based on a few news reports or what some dumb ass politician tells you .Hell, no body even read the damn thing that I know of ...

Me ??? I don't know if it will or not but I don't intend to sit on my butt to see what happens .Very seldom you will ever find me painted into a corner . Every silver lining has a black hole waiting to swallow you up .

I'm in Panama right now with no insurance . But I have found out that if I decide to get it the cost is about $40 a month for me and the wife . A full blown knee replacement is 10 grand . And most other cost is closely in line to that .

Sometimes the fight is not worth the battle and I am feeling that way more every day about the crap we put up with in the U.S.. The stress we put on ourselves is huge in the U.S. We want it all and we want it now .

Ok .... maybe I am a strange little fellow who just got tired of all the daily bullshit . :unsure:

No,,,, Panama is not the U.S and never will be . But Panama is not the God for Saken place that some might think it is . I am sure there are many fine places like that in the world too.

As long as we play the game that the Insurance Companys, lawyers, Federal goverment , doctors and prescription companys play we are doomed to fail .

Why is it that I can cross the border and get my meds or medical services so much cheaper. Its because they don't play the games like in the U.S.

I guess what I am saying is if you don't like what is offered than don't let the door hit your ass on the way out . Eventually they will get the picture ,but more than likely it will not be in your lifetime .
I am just not willing to wait that long ...

I can assure you that should this all get resolved there will be something new around the corner coming to get us all fired off again.

For me ... I got better things to do than constantly be looking over my shoulder for the next sucker punch that is coming from by beloved country .Until this country is dismantled and put back together on the same principals it was founded on,,, we are wasting our time .

dzalphakilo

Banned
Until this country is dismantled and put back together on the same principals it was founded on,,, we are wasting our time .

A sincere question for you Al. How do you know EXACTLY what principals this country was founded on?

You aren't that old are you?

Some people even beleive that our own civil war was fought over slavery:whistling:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I think Al is just sick of the bullshit going on over here, so he prefers it over there.
Can't say I blame him.

dzalphakilo

Banned
I think Al is just sick of the bullshit going on over here, so he prefers it over there.
Can't say I blame him.

I uderstand. What I find ironic however is that I beleive it was this country that Al made his money in, which now has enabled him to live where he wishes.

Perhaps it is a rat race in the U.S, who knows.

I do know however that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Besides that, honestly, I really couldn't afford to up and move to another country trying to find another career. Who knows, perhaps if I sneak across the border and learn to speak spanish, I can blend right in. Yeah, all for medical care.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I kinda understand where you are coming from Al .... and I would guess that next on hte agenda will be Cap and Trade and then the making of illegals legal ...then it might be time for the new health care bill to actually go into effect.

For me it depends on how much you will allow these things to bother you. I can discuss the pluses and minuses of any issue but I will not allow it to get me in a frenzy, especially since I realize the only thing I can really do about the issue is vote every couple of years and try to find a representative that will carry my view to Washington. Other than that I do not let it get to me. It truly has not changed my day to day life.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
A sincere question for you Al. How do you know EXACTLY what principals this country was founded on?

You aren't that old are you?

Some people even beleive that our own civil war was fought over slavery:whistling:

I know it was founded over Taxation without representation . I know it was founded on a mans word and handshake .

American history is one of my favorite subjects.

I uderstand. What I find ironic however is that I beleive it was this country that Al made his money in, which now has enabled him to live where he wishes.

Perhaps it is a rat race in the U.S, who knows.

I do know however that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Besides that, honestly, I really couldn't afford to up and move to another country trying to find another career. Who knows, perhaps if I sneak across the border and learn to speak spanish, I can blend right in. Yeah, all for medical care.

No where have I ever stated that living outside the U.S. relieves me of my Yearly IRS taxes I must pay . Yes I made a good living in the U.S.. Worked my ass off to get here too .My investments in the U.S . must have the tax paid on them each year my me ,no matter where I am at .Believe me I will pay plenty until the day I die .

Plenty folks work hard and retire to another state to pay less in living cost . How is what I am doing any different ?

I like things simple . I don't need much to be happy . If I can be happy and help some others along the way , so be it .
And YES , I am tired of the Rat Race .:smile:

dzalphakilo

Banned
I know it was founded on a mans word and handshake .

Same way business were conducted years ago as well most likely. However, show me a company today that sets up an open charge account with a handshake only (with at least at least 20k in a credit line) and I'll show you a company who won't stay in business very long.

Plenty folks work hard and retire to another state to pay less in living cost . How is what I am doing any different ?

Not much. However, how many here are ready for retirement?

Besides that, long time ago spent some time in the Jungles in your neck of the woods. I'll take Bora Bora over Panama for retirement any day:D

Yes I made a good living in the U.S.. Worked my ass off to get here too

That's the one nice thing about the U.S. I sincerely beleive that if you are smart, lucky and work your ass off, you can make more of yourself in this country than any other country in the world.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Same way business were conducted years ago as well most likely. However, show me a company today that sets up an open charge account with a handshake only (with at least at least 20k in a credit line) and I'll show you a company who won't stay in business very long.

Well I guess those days are gone now . But the funny thing is I had accounts at were over $100,000.00 AND i NEVER GOT STIFFED . I guess I was just lucky ... Yea right .........Of course that was way back in the year 2000 when we still rode horses and burn coal for heat .:w00t2::biggrin:

Not much. However, how many here are ready for retirement?

Besides that, long time ago spent some time in the Jungles in your neck of the woods. I'll take Bora Bora over Panama for retirement any day:D

That seems fair enough .

That's the one nice thing about the U.S. I sincerely beleive that if you are smart, lucky and work your ass off, you can make more of yourself in this country than any other country in the world.

Reps to you !

dzalphakilo

Banned
Well I guess those days are gone now . But the funny thing is I had accounts at were over $100,000.00 AND i NEVER GOT STIFFED . I guess I was just lucky ... Yea right .........Of course that was way back in the year 2000 when we still rode horses and burn coal for heat .

If you had accounts over 100k oustanding, and they paid you net 30, you were VERY lucky. Here in NC, they'll change a letter in their company name, and then make the son president and "presto", a new company and they don't owe anyone any money, particularly if they didn't sign a personal guarentee.

I like it better where if a guy knows he's going to stiff you, he better leave town for good.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
If you had accounts over 100k oustanding, and they paid you net 30, you were VERY lucky. Here in NC, they'll change a letter in their company name, and then make the son president and "presto", a new company and they don't owe anyone any money, particularly if they didn't sign a personal guarentee.

I like it better where if a guy knows he's going to stiff you, he better leave town for good.

yep I agree ! The key is knowing your clients on a first name basis . Its hard to stiff someone if you been in there home and they in yours . I ain't saying I did not work out some special payment arrangements more than once but through my actions I was paid what was owed . I do realize that my logic would gain you a F grade in Business class at college .

I do consider myself very lucky when it comes to business . I also go into any business deal with both eyes open .

Maybe thats why I finally retired . NO mans word seem to mean much anymore ..... Thats sad ..

dzalphakilo

Banned
NO mans word seem to mean much anymore ..... Thats sad ..

I will sincerely disagree with you there.

The trick is knowing which ones are the snakes. Nice thing is, you stay in one particular industry for more than a couple of years, and you catch on.

Chetdb

Yep got burned by the guy that wanted a signed contract. And the ones that were going broke through some hard times and knew they couldn't afford the cash outlay were willing to work off the debt.