• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Advanced System Care

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
or what use to be CCleaner. I know many here are using the free version and for the most part I think are happy. Has anyone bought the full version and felt it was worth it? My new Windows 7 for some reason lately has started to get slower and slower. For the most part I am ok with it but start ups are now taking up to ten minutes versus about 30 seconds when I first got it. When I run the Advanced System Care at the end it tells me it can speed my computer up by 284% and fix it so it will have greater start ups and shut downs.

murph

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
sounds like something is for sure not right....10 min start up is a piss take and for sure wrong.

My son has been running 7 since November last year and still fast on start up and all it does...have you a virus??...maybe bad spyware or security??

Maybe a Defrag is needed...not sure but that aint right.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I did the system check and the defrag and it made no difference. I also have Malware software on my computer and can't find anything there. I am running Norton Anti-virus.

Galvatron

Ditch the Norton thats a big slow go on 7 m8...try Avast thats all i will run with 7...had this problem very often on PC's.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ditch the Norton thats a big slow go on 7 m8...try Avast thats all i will run with 7...had this problem very often on PC's.

Our IT guy put it on and now if I do a uninstall I am told that some of the files left behind will keep it slow. I have been thinking of taking it off as I had avast before and was happy with it.

Galvatron

Our IT guy put it on and now if I do a uninstall I am told that some of the files left behind will keep it slow. I have been thinking of taking it off as I had avast before and was happy with it.

That is a problem to be honest...once you have Norton installed it hides files but find them and rid them and go back to Avast....my Bro-in-laws PC only has 2 gig of ram and a board thats dual core and it runs and fires up great with 7 i installed the other week....30 sec fire up max and only Avast would allow it to run max speed.

Your IT guy should know better as Norton is known as the biggest killer on PC's speed....AVG is just as bad.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Your IT guy should know better as Norton is known as the biggest killer on PC's speed....AVG is just as bad.

I did argue with him, he was told he could prove me wrong, I should have took him up on that.

murph

Galvatron

Time for you to prove him wrong...un-install Norton and find all traces of it in my programs ect re-start and then put on Avast....to be honest though it may need a re-install of 7 to get it working 100% again....not sure on if you can do this and if you have the time but will make big improvements.....and i did have on one PC(but it was old) that a defrag made things worse for some reason.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good advice Galv. Norton seems to be a virus. It slows down computers as bad as viruses do.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
My new laptop started slowing down (w7, 4g ram, etc). Ran everything mentioned, etc. Downloaded auslogics disc defrag from majorgeeks.com. Ran defrag and optimize. It is now faster than new. I run this every week now.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You need to got to symantec's site and download their uninstaller to get rid of Norton. Run it 3 times to get rid of everything. I use glary utilities and Auslogic defrag and my system hums along pretty fast.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
This is the best directions I,ve found to remove Norton yourself . But I agree norton is as bad as any virus I,ve ever had & in no way would I download something made by norton to remove norton JMO .

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_to_fully_remove_norton_from_pc.html

I Also have ran the free version of crap cleaner since it came out & keep it updated & it works great in removal of all junk , I find it necesary to defrag after everytime I run it . Dont know if that helps or not . Bob :smile: