• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Help needed for my Daughters project.

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
Who sent the one of Pittsburgh? That's got to be the worst commercial picture I've ever seen of the city. Nothing against whomever sent it but the picture portrays the city from 50 years ago.

Nope sorry it is a recent picture taken from the South Side.
I actually sent 5 total.. so there are better images. :flowers::flowers:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Nope sorry it is a recent picture taken from the South Side.
I actually sent 5 total.. so there are better images. :flowers::flowers:

got 4 so far....my daughter is waiting for the nixon mail again tomorrow:clap:

Thank you so much...she will be sending a few back:biggrin:

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmmm i think Pittsburgh is running out of postcards now....4 in total from a very giving couple here on FF...i wont name and shame i will hope they come forward without force :wink:

Todays rummage around Galvy's Mail sack...

You should be getting one more.. It was sent the same time the (ugly old picture) :yum: of Pittsburgh was sent. It is a picture of the building I work in all glass (made by my company Pittsburgh Plate Glass) and steel. You can see it in several of the other cards. the top looks like a castle.

Janelle

Galvatron

You should be getting one more.. It was sent the same time the (ugly old picture) :yum: of Pittsburgh was sent. It is a picture of the building I work in all glass (made by my company Pittsburgh Plate Glass) and steel. You can see it in several of the other cards. the top looks like a castle.

Janelle

the pictures have been great...showing different aspects of the area you live.

I cant thank you enough.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, yea. I forgot about those. I was mentally looking north from Allegheny Square (which puts the stadiums behind me).

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Galv knows mine will be arriving a bit later than the rest, as I've told him I am shopping around for many goodies to send in a box, along with the postcards. :)

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Well then, guess you'll be a day late and a dollar too much, huh?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure, but your postcard will be the last one she needs for her class project, and the only one that doesn't get there in time, and all of the other kids will present completed projects, and later they'll all make fun of her, and she'll be depressed, and have no purpose in later life, and....

Oh, wait. This is Galvys kid; she's already lost. No harm done then. :thumb:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
She'll have some Ohio postcards to add for her class project I am sure ;)

I just wanted to send something perfect for her, something that will make her have a feel for America,what little girls like over here, what sort of sweets the kids here enjoy (hint lol) bits and bobs will be included in the package I post.
Just hope the junior Ohio State t-shirt fits lol

Galvatron

Once again a big thank you from myself and Lilly...we started the project today has i felt the 4th of July would be a great day to learn more about America...my Daughter is loving every bit of this and even i learn more as we go along.

Heres todays mail bag....

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 72

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I was very impressed that the card from N.H. arrived in 3-4 days but did you get the card that was mailed 10 minutes earlier from Maine ?
Hint: it has a moose on it :flowers:

Galvatron

I was very impressed that the card from N.H. arrived in 3-4 days but did you get the card that was mailed 10 minutes earlier from Maine ?
Hint: it has a moose on it :flowers:

First i say Thanks....second i have not got a Moose yet...he may have stopped off for some grazing maybe.:yum::yum::yum:

Will look out for the moose:smile:

Galvatron

Heres todays rummage round my sack....one cheeky member asks my Daughter to "keep me out of trouble":whistling:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 168

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Galv, the list of things I am going to send are growing LOL!!

Today added to the box.... Little Debbie Nutty Bars with the rest of the sweets.

I shant take any responsibilty for the decaying of the kids teeth, just so you know.

The box is going to be all OHIO for sure. ;)

benspawpaw

Anyone else having a hard time finding postcards. The drugstores around here don't have them, nor do the supermarkets. I suppose I'll try the post office later.
Where are you all finding your postcards?

try the local chamber of commerce or motels close to main highways

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
try the local chamber of commerce or motels close to main highways
Thanks BPP.
I finally found a couple and sent them on their way. Lilly should get them in the next day or two. One of them is a GREAT picture of the Ohio River. I mailed that one from Ohio. The other is a local tourist attraction. The mansion that Harman Blennerhassett built. He and Aaron Burr plotted the overthrow of the US government in the early 1800's from the mansion ...and the mansion resides on a big island in the middle of the Ohio River. I mailed that card from West Virginia.
Hope they get their soon Galv.

Here is a little more info on the Burr connection:

On April 29, 1805, Burr reached Pittsburgh, where he planned to meet with General Wilkinson, the new Governor of the just-organized Louisiana Territory. But Wilkinson had been delayed, so Burr left a letter for him and set off down the Ohio River in a specially-prepared boat (called by Burr his "ark").

In early May, Burr reached Blennerhassett's Island, a three-hundred acre piece of land in the river. The island belonged to an Irish gentleman named Harman Blennerhassett. Blennerhassett invited Burr to dinner. The conversation that ensued--lasting until eleven o'clock in the evening--would forever link Blennerhassett's Island with the Burr Conspiracy. The precise nature of the plans discussed over dinner is not known, but some inkling may be gleaned from a letter sent by Blennerhassett later that year to Burr:

"I should be honored in being associated with you, in any contemplated enterprise you would permit me to participate in....Viewing the probability of a rupture with Spain,...I am disposed, in the confidential spirit of this letter, to offer you and my friends' and my own services in any contemplated measures in which you may embark."

lots more info on The high-stakes treason trial of Aaron Burr here:
http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/burr/burraccount.html

Galvatron

Ok here is today's mail bag....Thanks again everyone and hey Pixie i have your Moose:clap:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 146

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
It seems pretty strange that it took a week longer for the mailed-in-Maine card :unsure:

Happy looking moose, eh ? :)

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Galvi,

What States is Lilly missing now? If time maybe some of friends could send one? If I am nice I could talk my sister in law to send one from North Dakota, but maybe tnutz has already???

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Galvi,

What States is Lilly missing now? If time maybe some of friends could send one? If I am nice I could talk my sister in law to send one from North Dakota, but maybe tnutz has already???

Same question but I may be able to get one from New York.

BTW, I would have sent you one but it looks like you already have about 10 from PA and Pittsburgh.