• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Help needed for my Daughters project.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone else having a hard time finding postcards. The drugstores around here don't have them, nor do the supermarkets. I suppose I'll try the post office later.
Where are you all finding your postcards?
Our canal museum has them Doc, as well as the local Hallmark Gold Crown store. ;)

ghautz

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I haven't been able to get to town yet. Thought I saw a rack of tourist-type postcards in wallyworld.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Thanks everyone for trying so hard...but dont go putting yourselves out,only if you happen to see a postcard.

You are all good people.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Anyone else having a hard time finding postcards. The drugstores around here don't have them, nor do the supermarkets. I suppose I'll try the post office later.

Yup, not in my drugstore or Safeway. Young Galvatress may be getting a home made post card. I'm hoping it's sunny tomorrow so I can take a picture of Mt. Hood from my yard and we'll make a card for her from that.

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
I am mailing several from PA, I couldn't pick just one..

:w00t2: John gave me the pertenant info

Galvatron

I am mailing several from PA, I couldn't pick just one..

:w00t2: John gave me the pertenant info

Big thanks to John and you Janelle......the good will gesture from all at FF and NCT is second to none.

The forum spirit is not all Doom and Gloom:clap:

rc2james

Site Supporter
Let me know where to mail one and I will find one from Iowa. It may just have corn or hogs on it. We are pretty low key here.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I haven't been able to get a Welsh postcard yet, but hope she likes the one from FRANCE (Ice Queen has been 'gadding'!)

Galvatron

I haven't been able to get a Welsh postcard yet, but hope she likes the one from FRANCE (Ice Queen has been 'gadding'!)

You are has Beautiful on the inside as you are are the outside.....Thank You IQ she will love getting that.

By the way she had me up as soon has the Sun was up this morning....it's her 7th Birthday....YAWWWWWWN i may need to go back to bed for a hour or 2.:wink:

Galvatron

We used to live in NC but now live in SC, if it's not to late. :biggrin:

Phil

did i PM you the details???....sorry im lost now so will PM them again.

Thanks.

And by the way my Daughter got her first 2 today:clap:...i will scan all that arrive and let the members say "hey thats mine"(will show no mailing details).

First 2 come from France and Maine...

remember some are from NCT.

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Galvatron

Have a ID on the Main card...Member is Lefty from NCT.

Thanks Lefty...just in case ya looking.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Glad the French one arrived! Will try to get one in Lampeter today. Wish the young lady a very happy birthday from Timba and me, please.

Galvatron

Thanks Rusty...

And here is todays mail bag.....

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 102
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 100

rc2james

Site Supporter
I’m afraid that we are the Iowans who sent the piggies. It was a hard decision with the assortment of cards I looked at.

The only one I found that I didn’t think would work was a postcard with a picture of the Iowa State Maximum Security Prison. I’m not sure what the greeting was, I guess it would have been something like, “Come To Fort Madison, Iowa For A Visit And Stay For A Few Years”.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Who sent the one of Pittsburgh? That's got to be the worst commercial picture I've ever seen of the city. Nothing against whomever sent it but the picture portrays the city from 50 years ago.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
dropped card off at the post office last night.
Opted not to send the one with a picture from 1893 of a woman with a wheelbarrow full of buffalo chips for her cook fire...

Galvatron

Who sent the one of Pittsburgh? That's got to be the worst commercial picture I've ever seen of the city. Nothing against whomever sent it but the picture portrays the city from 50 years ago.

Funny you say that...but i assure you there is twist and i will allow the member/members to speak up:wink:

Ok i have just had a rummage around Galvy's mail sack(now now i know you guy's Bing Bong :yum:)...heres todays...

And Thanks to everyone once again.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 83

Galvatron

Hmmm i think Pittsburgh is running out of postcards now....4 in total from a very giving couple here on FF...i wont name and shame i will hope they come forward without force :wink:

Todays rummage around Galvy's Mail sack...

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 70

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
galvi, i still havent made it to the damn post office. hoping to get in today. been on my own at work for a while now, so i havent had as much chance to get out. hope they are there in tiem

Galvatron

galvi, i still havent made it to the damn post office. hoping to get in today. been on my own at work for a while now, so i havent had as much chance to get out. hope they are there in tiem

No panic m8....i only ask if you have the time nothing else:thumb:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter

Truck stops are the best place. Every town has one on the outskirts, and every truck stop has post cards. I was surprised not to find them in Walmart, Hallmark, Walgreens, USPO, and my local Smiths grocery store. Then on my way out of Smiths today, there was a tiny rotating rack on the 'checked-out' side of the cash registers. You'd think they'd be in the greeting card section. :pat:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought two at the post office but they didn't have a pretty picture on them. So I stopped in a Museum gift shop today and got a couple of nice post cards. I mailed one from West Virginia already. I'll be mailing the other one from Ohio later today. Let me know when they get their Galv. I hope they are in time for the project.

Good thought Bobcat. A truck stop. I should have thought of that. :pat: I did check the CVS here and they did not carry them. None of the drug stores or super markets carry them. Guess they are not big sellers these days. :pat: