• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

House boat ride with Doc and Abby

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got a call from the mechanic working on our houseboat. She's fixed and ready to go. :clap: :clap: :clap: I'm meeting him later this afternoon to go for a test drive.

Nothing like the 11th hour eh? Sounds great :dancing:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Funny guys. I'm having 2nd thoughts about serving the baked beans! :yum:

Did a test drive on the boat. All it great. We are indeed good to go. Yep Jerry, we sure cut her close, but we made it.
Weather now is predicting 81. :clap: :clap: Oughta be a great day!!!!!

fyi ..... The club sells ice. That comes in very handy.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is there a "dress code" at the club Friday night?

Good question Jerry. Sorry I didn't think to mention it sooner.

Absolutely no dress code. This is a laid back club. Shorts or casual is good. With it being warm out we have one or two members that will not keep their shirt on (sush will fit right in with them :yum: ) ....
It will get cool after the sun goes down. So long pants and jacket might be more in order for Friday night. But wear whatever you want (with Sushi, Bob and SnoOps coming I might be sorry I said that). :yum:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
We booked the BestWestern in Marietta. Is there an espresso joint in town?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know Bob. Maybe your GPS will give you a clue. I would guess there is one but I don't do expresso ever. Now if you asked me where to buy your beer & such .... then I could have helped. :D There is a 'House of Wine' on Rt 60 towards Lowell just down from the Best Western. If you stop in there for your beer supplies look for some coopers lager. I understand Vin likes that and I couldn't find Coopers at the beer stop I made last night. I did get some others for him to try though. So no biggie if you don't need to stop there.

The Best Western is on the Muskingum River. About 25 minutes from the boat club. Watch yourselves on Rt 7 between Marietta and Belpre. It is heavily patrolled.

I packed up for the weekend. Won't be home again until after our get together and guess what I forgot? The CAMERA!!!!!!! :pat: :bonk: I'm planning to try to catch our son before he heads out to work and have him bring it ...if he can find it. I'm not sure exactly where we left it last. :hide:
I'm counting on all of yous guys having cameras.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know Bob. Maybe your GPS will give you a clue. I would guess there is one but I don't do expresso ever. Now if you asked me where to buy your beer & such .... then I could have helped. :D There is a 'House of Wine' on Rt 60 towards Lowell just down from the Best Western. If you stop in there for your beer supplies look for some coopers lager. I understand Vin likes that and I couldn't find Coopers at the beer stop I made last night. I did get some others for him to try though. So no biggie if you don't need to stop there.

The Best Western is on the Muskingum River. About 25 minutes from the boat club. Watch yourselves on Rt 7 between Marietta and Belpre. It is heavily patrolled.

I packed up for the weekend. Won't be home again until after our get together and guess what I forgot? The CAMERA!!!!!!! :pat: :bonk: I'm planning to try to catch our son before he heads out to work and have him bring it ...if he can find it. I'm not sure exactly where we left it last. :hide:
I'm counting on all of yous guys having cameras.

We have a couple cameras we'll bring ........

Doc, I take it we're drinking from the bar tonight or do we bring our own?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
While we do indeed have a bar in the club, it is not an open bar. We just sit around it and drink whatever we brought. In case anyone runs out we do have a pop machine set up to dispense beer at a dollar each. I think it has bud light and bush light in it and some pop diet coke etc.
Belpre is dry ..but there is a beer drive through right up the road a few miles. But it would be best to bring what you think you'll need for our Friday night and Saturday outings.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
<snip>
<snip>

Not too worried about the border patrol; used to dodging them in NM. Have my fake green card with me. :thumb:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I notified our local newspaper of our get together. Hoping for an 'of interest' type of story and a little free advertising for the forums and dothq.com.
They are seeing if they have someone available for either tonight at 7 or tomorrow at noon. :D

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I notified our local newspaper of our get together. Hoping for an 'of interest' type of story and a little free advertising for the forums and dothq.com.
They are seeing if they have someone available for either tonight at 7 or tomorrow at noon. :D
Good idea!!
Someone tie Bobcat's hands together (behind his back), so he can't cover his face if they take any photos.
:brows::ninja::yum:

Cityboy

Banned
Hey Doc, do you think you guys could set up a web cam with a real-time link for a little while? We could have a really big FF cyber gathering. That could be fun, plus we can make fun of you guys gettin' drunk. :tongue: :beer: :burp:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Doc, do you think you guys could set up a web cam with a real-time link for a little while? We could have a really big FF cyber gathering. That could be fun, plus we can make fun of you guys gettin' drunk. :tongue: :beer: :burp:

No. I don't have the stuff there for it, nor would I want to be messing with that while everyone else had fun. Sorry man.

Sushi, you don't have to tell tales about not drinking. We know you partake on occasion. We might have to twist your arm a little tonight & tomorrow.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
No Im not drinking anything. Im not saying I dont drink. Im just not drinking at the party. I have a 8.5 hour drive back to CHicago and Im not doing it hung over or tired. Mike wants to know if there is a sushi bar around there Doc. Im probably going to bed early tonight. Im feeling kinda crapy.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I know that BobP and Mikey did not drink at the gathering this summer at my place. It would scare me if they started drinking alcohol beverages. They are dangerous enough stone cold sober in open daylight.

Doc, they just may turn into pirates or worse and hijack your boat..... Be careful they managed to escape from my place with my frig and fuel tanks all totally empty and somehow they even managed to take the green out of the grass with them............:yum:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I never dun it but I have aircard and a webcam on my laptop .... :mrgreen: