• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Handozer D3.5 grader

crums

I've doing research for an inexpensive tool for keeping my driveway groomed and came up with this handozer d3.5 . I don't have a tractor with a 3 point hitch, so this looks like a good option. The reviews seem ok, just curios if anyone has experience with this or the DR grader. I have a 900' and potholes that I have filled by hand for years, time for something easier.

http://handozer.com/product/handozer/

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm looking for something like that, too. Can't decide if that Handozer is the thing or a 4-5 foot York rake with blade.
The Handozer looks like it might take more abuse from 4" diameter rocks but doesn't look like it does anything but bust up the ground. Was thinking I could shape the crown a little with a rake or blade type unit.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd wonder if it needs weights?

I use a 6' wide landscape rake (York Rake) on my gravel driveway and it bounces around a bit but works at smoothing out the driveway, eventually. But it takes time. So with my lack of experience in the tool you are looking at, that tool sure looks lightweight and I have to wonder if it will bounce around?

crums

Yes, it definitely is light (75lb) and has a spot for a cinder block. My thoughts were to add something to allow multiple blocks to keep it from bouncing. For the money, if I got 2 years out of it, I would probably be happy. I called our local rental company to get pricing on a tractor with a box blade and rake...it was close to $500 + delivery for one day.