• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

3 children dead getting on school bus

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This pisses me off. Are people that dumb and blind to bother stopping for a school bus with it's lights flashing and arm out? There are 2 schools on my street and a bus stop in front of my house. I sit here on a daily basis watching oncoming traffic not stop as kids are getting off the bus. Quite often the driver who didn't stop is talking on a cellphone.

https://people.com/human-interest/i...cialflow_facebook_peoplemag&utm_medium=social

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It pisses me off too. There are a few buses on our road daily. it's two lane, one in each direction. The speed limit is 55 MPH. I see people fly around a bus, trying to beat the red flashing lights. As soon as the buses yellow lights come on, they floor it to get around.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This happened a couple counties away from where we live. It has been all over the news.

Our local school district, where my wife used to teach and where I still am a fencing coach, publishes a WEEKLY list of how many of our school buses get illegally passed on roads while they are loading/unloading children with their red lights flashing and their STOP arm extended out!

This is a big problem out here in the rural areas :hammer:

My only hope is that this tragedy opens the eyes of some of these idiot drivers who pull this crap.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Strange????

"She was arrested at her place of employment". Why wasn't she arrested right there and then? There can be no question of her guilt.

Right after killing 3 kids and badly injuring a fourth, she went to work that same day or the next day???? Whatever. That's pretty callous.

You can kill 3 young kids and only get a $15,000 bond?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's sad.

Around here, if you pass a school bus illegally, the driver normally contacts the police on the spot.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Strange????

"She was arrested at her place of employment". Why wasn't she arrested right there and then? There can be no question of her guilt.

Right after killing 3 kids and badly injuring a fourth, she went to work that same day or the next day???? Whatever. That's pretty callous.

You can kill 3 young kids and only get a $15,000 bond?

YUP

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure about other states, but this is applies in INDIANA

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 1.25.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 1.25.21 PM.png
    282 KB · Views: 96

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's the way it is in PA.
I also believe it's a 5-point offense here. The harshest offensive there is.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure about other states, but this is applies in INDIANA

It's the same in Texas.

I know a few school bus drivers but I haven't heard of this being a major problem in our rural county. I'll have to ask.

Mind you, I live in a county when you can be stuck on the road for 10 minutes while a couple of pick-up drivers catch up on their news. Nobody seems to get too upset. If you're in a hurry you just haul off the road and go around, giving them a wave as you do. That's a 5-fingered wave.

Bamby

School buses here in this county are equipped with cameras that are utilized to photograph violators and the photos do hold up in court.

But maybe the biggest travesty is the fact of phones/texting and driving. I for one have on numerous occasions had to take evasive actions of other drivers preoccupied with their phones. Personally I feel phones in cars contribute to far more accidents than both drunks and drugged under the influence drivers. I just wonder how much of my auto insurance bill is paying to subsidize people who are in accidents due to their phones.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree about the phones in vehicles. Too many drivers out there distracted by them and causing accidents.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Another one :hammer:

WISCONSINPublished 3 hours agoLast Update 1 hour ago
3 Girl Scouts, woman killed in Wisconsin hit-and-run crash

https://www.foxnews.com/us/3-girl-scouts-woman-killed-in-wisconsin-hit-and-run-crash

A hit-and-run crash in Wisconsin killed three Girl Scouts and a woman, and left another girl in critical condition, police said.

The group was picking up litter Saturday morning in a ditch in Lake Hallie, about 95 miles east of Minneapolis, when a black Ford F-150 pickup truck struck them, police said.

The driver, identified as Colton Treu, 21, of Chippewa Falls, fled the scene and later turned himself in, the Lake Hallie Police Department said in a press release.

Treu will be charged with four counts of homicide through negligent use of a vehicle.

It was not clear why the vehicle veered off the road, but local residents said the road in the area is dangerous, with numerous accidents there.

The victims were not immediately identified, but a relative of a Girl Scout who was not injured in the crash told The Minneapolis Star-Tribune that the girls were fourth-graders at Halmstad Elementary School in Chippewa Falls.

The Girl Scouts were all wearing bright safety vests and were accompanied by several adults at the time of the crash.

Two of the girls and the woman were pronounced dead at the scene. A third Girl Scout was transported to a hospital where she later died. The fourth girl was transported to a hospital where she remained in critical condition.

Attachments

• 4198155A-E0D7-4938-A8FC-FFF2FC7F4D22.jpg
    4198155A-E0D7-4938-A8FC-FFF2FC7F4D22.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 60