• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Enemy model swapping

Gunsrus

There's a popular new sport - swapping enemies in 3rd person and 1st person games. I've learned how to and it's actually a lot of fun. However, sometimes some games will surprise you. I'd like to evaluate some of them.

For example, In Resident Evil 5, it's possible to extract the files that instruct the game to load a particular kind of enemy into a particular stage. This allows you to swap enemies from one stage to another, but in some cases, it can produces glitches or faults that can't be corrected.

I made Uroborus Mkono appear in various stages before its actual encounter. The model was properly loaded and attacked the player characters as normal, but when it performs its escape move, it doesn't reappear.

For those of you who know and for those of you who don't know, Uroborus Mkono can teleport by becoming liquid and reforming a short distance in behind, or away from the player. This function works only halfway when Mkono is loaded into a different level, in that he vanishes, but reforms in a part of the level in which it cannot interact with the player characters.

I don't know if it gets stuck in a wall, or in one of the nearby buildings, but the creature reforms somewhere that you can't access either, yet, you still hear the creature's sound effects.

What prevents a swapped model from reappearing correctly in a level if it has teleporting capabilities? I find it mighty damn strange.