• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Need to install some in-line duct booster fans

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I got home this afternoon from running some errands, its 95 and SUNNY. Walked into the master bedroom and was pleasantly surprised that it was MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE today than it would have been before I had installed the in-line duct booster fan. So my initial impression is that the fan is actually doing some good.

Of course UPS dropped off the other fan today. While my original plan was to do the install in the morning when the attic was cooler I knew I was going to hop into the swimming pool anyway so I got up into the attic, installed the fan (in record time), and then joined my lovely wife out at the swimming pool. My guess is that 2 fans will be all that are needed to resolve my problems.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad they are moving enough air to do the job. It ain't right that you could just plug them in. A real HVAC guy knows you have to fight with the wire nuts while the sweat is dripping off your nose and you can barely breathe!:yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
. . . A real HVAC guy knows you have to fight with the wire nuts while the sweat is dripping off your nose and you can barely breathe!:yum:
I guess that proves that I am not a "real" HVAC guy :w00t2: