• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

mccall 2019

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I booked my room at holiday inn today. feb 18 two snow tracs . were really looking forward to seeing you all again.
have you done your yet?:winterrul:fr2:
all shown should be at it again this year.

20180222_115701.jpg

20180224_124935.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I need to correct this it is best western were staying at.
Best Western McCall 208-634-2230. Jessica is the manager

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I booked my room at holiday inn today. feb 18 two snow tracs . were really looking forward to seeing you all again.

20180222_115701.jpg

20180224_124935.jpg

hey, Jim VT (Vermont)

be great if you were able to get another 4 or 5 snow tracs, the best snow cat for the money, to come to mccall, be fun to see more snow tracs than tuckers..... and or even thiokols,

be the big cat

Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
hey, Jim VT (Vermont)

be great if you were able to get another 4 or 5 snow tracs, the best snow cat for the money, to come to mccall, be fun to see more snow tracs than tuckers..... and or even thiokols,

be the big cat

crazy woman
that would be good to have more attend. maybe it would be more all cat orientated than just tuckers. BUT then we all still have fun. :raz:

I've been towed by a tucker.:smileyrainbow:
jim

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
crazy woman
that would be good to have more attend. maybe it would be more all cat orientated than just tuckers. BUT then we all still have fun. :raz:

I've been towed by a tucker.:smileyrainbow:
jim

so it is crazy to say snow tracs are the best snow cat for the money or wanting to see more snow tracs at the mccall event?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
no
were spreading the word to a few other owners on what is going on.

come on Jim Vermont (VT),

you got to shout it from the mountain tops, come one, come all snow trac owners, to the great summit of snow tracs, worlds largest gathering...

the best snow cat on the snow...

"the big Cat" on the mountain..

best snow cat for the money...

don't be a dinosaur in a tucker...be the kewl kid in a snow trac

Last edited:

vintagebike

A work in progress

Maybe the oldest Snow Trac in the USA? Still have lots of work to do. I’ll try to bring the ol’ friction drive survivor up on a trailer to Little Ski Hill.

043ECCD2-DB43-49A9-851F-DFEBDA9900AE.jpg

DACBCEC0-1375-4851-AF86-5AC574CFF797.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: A work in progress

Maybe the oldest Snow Trac in the USA? Still have lots of work to do. I’ll try to bring the ol’ friction drive survivor up on a trailer to Little Ski Hill.

View attachment 106415

View attachment 106416

mr vintage, time to let the moths out of your coin purse and spent the money and get your snow trac restored and BE PART of the greatest gathering of snow tracs in the world, and join Jim Vermont (VT) the "big cat on the mountain"...on the mountain top

vintagebike

Engine rebuild in progress

This one, a 1958 upgraded with big wheels, should have a fresh 1600 dual port installed , new LED lighting , wiring and fuel tank improvements and then ready to go for McCallin’ All Cats 2019. Yes, “Ran when Parked” :thumbup:
EA2A6D32-A8A8-44BC-B8E6-03CE7809D219.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Engine rebuild in progress

This one, a 1958 upgraded with big wheels, should have a fresh 1600 dual port installed , new LED lighting , wiring and fuel tank improvements and then ready to go for McCallin’ All Cats 2019. Yes, “Ran when Parked” :thumbup:
View attachment 106417

only question is ? will it be on top of the mountain with Jim Vermont (VT) along with the greatest gathering of snow tracs in the world

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You know,I Ran when Parked also,but as I get older I find some mornings its a lot harder to to get started:wink: most evenings I try to drink some good rum snake juice to make sure my oil doesn’t gel up in my sleep:bolt:

Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
we got the broken steering box out . the end cap broke . now to weld or find an early vw steering box or endcap. McCall is getting closer but it should make it.

the green is the tractor lift . removing the transaxle.
DSC01107.jpg

vw steering box with broken end cap removed.
DSC01109.jpg

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
You know,I Ran when Parked also,but as I get older I find some mornings its a lot harder to to get started:wink: most evenings I try to drink some good rum snake juice to make sure my oil doesn’t gel up in my sleep:bolt:

Like many of the older rigs, I'm finding that occasionally (esp on the really cold days) I need a dose of ethanol down the throat to get it spinning those cold mornings.

The NAPA crap don't work. Seems Eagle Rare or Gentleman Jack works best for the 1962 cidertom model .

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Like many of the older rigs, I'm finding that occasionally (esp on the really cold days) I need a dose of ethanol down the throat to get it spinning those cold mornings.

The NAPA crap don't work. Seems Eagle Rare or Gentleman Jack works best for the 1962 cidertom model .

my starter froze every day at McCall one year. I used a little crank and it was good the rest of the day. I must have had everything correct because it started right up.
jim

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i use the hand crank method of starting my vw motor that snow tracs use. after warming up and thawing the starter it worked fine.
hey,i have to be good i'm married to a retired cop.

Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
got the steering box back in with the welded cap on it
DSC01159.jpg

DSC01158.jpg

new metric sprockets on the transaxle
DSC01161.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

lifted it back in and started installing the variator
DSC01163.jpg

called it a night

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe yours is different, OR I couldn't find the combination but I couldn't get the drivers side variator sheaves back on with the mechanism bolted up. I had to have it loose to get the sheaves past the st25 bracket. If you can., please show me so I don't have to take 4 steps back next time.

TalleyHo

GOLD Site Supporter
My wife and I would like to attend McCall. Is there registration etc? Guess I’m asking how it all works besides making reservations at the Best Western.

Thank You in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the schedule isn't out yet but the dates have been set. usually all the registration is at one of the first events
a special rate is for us .so just tell them when you call the hotel.

TalleyHo

GOLD Site Supporter
the schedule isn't out yet but the dates have been set. usually all the registration is at one of the first events
a special rate is for us .so just tell them when you call the hotel.

Thank you for the info.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

20180222_115701.jpg

20180224_124935.jpg

is yellow okay Jim Vermont (VT)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_233.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_233.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 300

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that looks good is it yours and will I see it? It almost looks like the county action one that sold.
it must work better in the deep stuff with no fenders.

jask

Wow!... more info please!!! is that the groomer that was for sale in Cal. ( chico?) years ago? and did it come with any of the roller attatchments? does it have its plate still? I am assuming it is a 71 or 72 ?

TalleyHo

GOLD Site Supporter
Using McCall as an excuse to get some needed repairs done. Rear turn table crack repairs and tie rod end replacements. Also updating the instrumentation.
eb25de03873cad64437e3bf9559897f6.jpg
ede1296d65d14a02aedefe5a99e7d2da.jpg

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice little back yard garage you got there miss talley. Think the hoist has enough capacity?